GoPro

There are newer employer reviews for GoPro

Great Place to work

Current Employee - President in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - President in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at GoPro

Pros

Clear Goals, follow-up is thorough. Generally satisfied workers with clear ideas of where the company should go. Flexible hours. Good company culture

Cons

Not enough new business coming in. Sometimes people are concerned about their jobs due to business continuity. Clients are loyal, but attrition will lead to negative cash flow.

19 Other Employee Reviews for GoPro (View Most Recent)

Supply Chain Management Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at GoPro as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Working here, especially in this department was outstanding.
    -My manager gave me extreme freedom when giving me a task. It allowed me to create and design things that only made the project better. He wasn't afraid to tell me what needed to be fixed either, allowing me to waste less time.
    -Everyone gets along really well, we celebrated birthdays together, respected each other
    -We shared a passion and excitement for the product
    -Interns were offered several opportunities to network and grow as a professional
    -Work-life balance, was more like a work-life integration. I was never in a rush to get home because being at the office was fun and interesting.

Cons

-Getting access to needed systems was a bit delayed, which delayed projects, but that's what having multiple projects to work on are for.
    -On boarding was a little bumpy but HR asked for opinions to improve process, so that's likely no longer a problem.

I've read a lot of reviews stating that management doesn't care about employees. I did not notice this as an intern. Operations management all the way up to execs talked to me at some point, thanking me for the work I did. At my final presentation at the end of the internship, the Senior VP explained the importance of my work to the entire department and truly made me feel valued and appreciated.

Epic company to work for, if you're in the inner circle

I worked at GoPro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Killer benefits and perks
    Free equipment
    Paid travel to trade shows
    Awesome events for employees
    Like minded individuals
    Felt like a startup at times
    Its easy to believe in the company's potential

Cons

Rigid hours
    Management lacks cohesion and focus (this comes from the very top down leaving lower level managers in a bad position)
    Lack of transparency - this is to be expected with a company this large but there are lots of little secrets that people pass around - again you need to be in the inner circle
    Promotion and reward not always based on merit. There are a handful of individuals in higher level positions because they are friends with the management, not because they deserve to be there.
    Teams are entirely separate and are not aware of each others goals. There seems to be little interest in fixing this. Its somewhat of a Google approach so no one team knows the full picture. Helps new products and initiatives remain secret.

Now that there are billions in the bank, quit focusing on how to make that much more money. It will come now that GoPro is a verb much like Xerox or Sharpie.

Trim the fat - the employees that have moved around the company and are bad apples. They can go. Many people dislike them and it weakens confidence in culture and professionalism.

Keep the stoke alive. You have this down so far. If this can remain intact or even grow more, all the employees will be happy.

GoPro GoPro GoPro