GoWireless

There are newer employer reviews for GoWireless

I Love Working for GOWireless

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant
Current Employee - Wireless Consultant

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My Dm and Store Manager are awesome!!!! They're really relaxed and are hilarious. They know how to motivate us and get things done without being uptight. The commission is great if you're not making at least 1500 in just commission you're doing something wrong. The base is not as high as corporate store but 9.50 base is great for a college student with the spiffs. I love everyone here at the store all of the personalities fit perfectly together. The training process was really great you'll learn a lot. Overall I love this store I read a lot of bad things about this company but I guess it just depends on the store and the location. Im happy I applied and took a job here it is by far my favorite of all my previous jobs!!

Full time also a plus and flexibility.......

Cons

9.50 base lower than corporate store but its good for a student

107 Other Employee Reviews for GoWireless (View Most Recent)

Broken promises, Belittling, no respect for personal time, poor customer experience

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent commission but better available at competitors. Verizon service is the best as well. Solid start for a young guy wanting to learn some sales experience.

Cons

First off, I am a store manager. Let's start with the pay cut others have mentioned. My pay salary was cut in almost half. Not fun but a company has to do what a company has to do to stay in business. We were promised that our operational duties would be cut and we would be paid on individual sales and have more time to do so, that way we would still be able to make a good portion up. They also cut store bonus commissions though so there would be no way to make the same amount of money. Broken promise, operational duties went up and we don't have enough time to make personal sales required to make up the salary difference. I also use to be an actual salaried position and now I am hourly.

Let's now go with the belittling. Store managers in my region are told constantly that we are disappointing or embarrassing. Then our jobs get threatened that we better love our jobs or they will find someone who does. I've always believed attitude begins with leadership, maybe if we weren't told we weren't disappointing or embarrassing multiple times per week, maybe we would have better attitudes. Those are just the emails sent to all store managers in my region, I feel bad for those who may get more individually.

Let's talk about personal time. I'm off work and have to respond to phone calls and texts from my management for updates on sales numbers which I don't have access to away from work. If I try and say no, I'm told I have a bad attitude. So I have to call someone at my store, have them send me numbers and then send those on to my management. Not to mention being required to get on conference calls with less than an hour notice when I am scheduled off. Again, try and say no and you get something about that's why you get a store bonus or you have a bad attitude.

The poor customer experience is a big thing. We do very well with what we have but some of the things that we have to do makes for a poor experience. Ready to go fee, $20 to set your phone up. Something our competitors do at no charge. I really can't believe the arrogance of this junk fee. This is a fee we are charging to do something we were required to do for free in the past. If you want to return something as a customer you have to talk to store personnel, another person on the phone usually, and then wait 10 minutes for the person processing it to get an authorization code. If you want to exchange you're still waiting at least 10 minutes for that code, if not longer.

After all this, wanting to have personal time or having concerns about lack of time to compete operational duties and get a decent amount of sales, we are told to stop with out entitled attitude. I have never worked for a company with such a lack of disrespect or concern for their employees and customers. It's all about the bottom line and they can replace you at any time.

If the attitude with upper management does not improve, you will fail. It is not an unfair expectation for employees to want to sit down with their families and have an uninterrupted dinner or family outing. That $20 junk fee you charge will make you $20 now with the cost of $200 in the future. When I met our CEO, he seemed to actually care about our concerns but there's a big disconnect between him and his management, or he lied. Which one is it?

Very Poor

Current Employee - Slave
    Current Employee - Slave

I have been working at GoWireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

used to be able to make good money if you were driven.

Cons

Upper Management and Hr (Mainly the east coast rep) is the worst that I have ever seen. Policy's change everyday without notice and are implemented right away thus making the work environment very confusing. Upper Management does not care about anything until it directly effects their paycheck in some way. Everyday you have to worry about if they found a new way to fire you or not. -_-

Try coming down to the actual stores more offten. If you did that you would see that the new policy's that you force us to tell customers and how they react to it. Then you wouldn't have to wonder why they choose to go to "REAL Verizon" stores instead.

There are newer employer reviews for GoWireless