GoWireless

www.gowireless.com

Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant
Former Employee - Wireless Consultant

Pros

Gain sales experience I guess

Cons

Bad commission structure, high turnover rate, asked to be on conference calls on days off and not get paid for it, always told about how bad you are doing and never acknowledged for doing well.

This company used to be great. A major lowering in the commission structure made all of the great employees seek work elsewhere. You now are attracting the same people that work at McDonald's, and it shows in the levels of current customer satisfaction. Raise the commission a little to attract better employees, who in turn will make the company more money.

Other reviews for GoWireless

Treats Employee terrible and questionable integrity.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

not bad if you make minimum wage because you will make a bit more with commission. But use it as a steeping stone to get a better sales job. DO NOT go into management unless an ever changing pay scale, very poor treatment from DM's and above and crooked sales tactics are your thing.

Cons

Store Mangement is treated very poor and micro-management is the life of go wireless personnell.We have to fined a way to positively spin all the extra fees you will pay in exchange for doing business with go wireless. (if you walk into a go wireless for a NEW line of service and want an iphone,,,,GUESS WHAT????? Not only is our price higher than almost every other retailer, we will also politeley charge you a mandatory $20 fee from shopping with us on that iphone.

NO OTHER PREMIUM VZW RETAILER CHARGES THIS.......I CHECKED. ITS MY JOB TO KNOW THIS AS A STORE MANAGER!!!

As far as upper management goes most either lack integrity or are outright @SS Holes to employees and store management. I was told by a district manager that......(" If an existing employee requests to work for me I should take it as a slap in the face.....as a manager you know you are doing your job and holding people accountable if people don't like working for you")

This is VERBATIM!!!!! No exageration here. And this person has been a district manager for about 10 years. That is the kind of management that gets to keep its job in this company.

My advice to management is...GO HOME AND LOOK AT YOURSELF IN THE MIRROR!!! this company is struggling largely due to terrible store moral. Figure out how to grow a positive work environment.

Poor training!!! Unable to succeed because of the lack of training from store manager.

Pros

The only thing good about the job is you get work with cell phones and learn all about them. If you are considering employment here you better reconsider.

Cons

Even though they say you get commission you really don't because they have hidden goals and requirements that you have to hit in order to get your commission. If you earn something you should receive it no matter what because you put the time and effort into earning it. They say they have flexible schedules but they don't they promise you one thing and deliver another. They expect you to automatically know everything once you finish your online course which in reality teaches nothing about how to close a sale or how to actually do a sale. They don't train you in the art of selling. They throw you on the sales floor after giving you the review of how the company works and expect you sell and hit your goals which are unrealistically high. They do all this to someone who is brand new and has no actual hands on training.

Don't expect someone new to know what to do right away. Give them the proper one on trying they need to succeed and be able to hit there goals. My ado vex is to come up with a new training program where the employee actually gets a sufficient amount training and know how to do things on there own. Pick an experienced employee to work one on one with the new individual I until they know everything they need to know. Don't throw on the sales floor and expect them to hit $5000 in sales there first month without giving them the proper training.

There are newer employer reviews for GoWireless.

Worked for GoWireless? Contribute to the Community!