Gold Buyers at the Mall
www.goldbuyersatthemall.com Mahwah, NJ 500 to 999 Employees

Stupid

General Manager (Current Employee)
State College, PA

ProsPay is ok for management
Can be fun at times

ConsThey take bad buys out of your paycheck, with no care if you can't pay your bills
Everybody in the company is uneducated, they send emails with typos and horrible sentences and that's supposed to inspire us?? Maybe to buy them a dictionary. You have to stand for many hours at a time, and they take away your chair so there is no option to sit. They complain about not hitting numbers, but you cannot control who decides to come in and sell you gold. You have to deal with drug addicts and alcoholics who sell gold to fund their habits. They ask you to call into a conference call when you are not even supposed to be at work yet (ex. 9:30 call, when you are scheduled for a 10am-9pm shift). NO DIRECT DEPOSIT.... so you get paid on the 5th and 20th of every month, given that it is not on a weekend (then you'd have to wait) and then you still have to wait for your check to clear, which can sometimes take a few days. Just stay away, it's not worth it, you will be tired, annoyed, and have to train every couple weeks because the turnover is so high....

Advice to Senior ManagementDirect Deposit should be a given to any company. You say that one of your mottos is "treat people right" how are you doing that when you can't even guarantee a paycheck for your people?? Stop expanding, and work on the basics of a good company, you have a long way to go....

A company with a decent idea but no follow through or funding to make it happen

District Manager -Upper Level Management (Former Employee)

I worked at Gold Buyers at the Mall

Pros: If you are looking to get an area manager title on your resume, this may be a place to do that. However, don't be fooled… Cons: This company started off with good intentions. They hired their senior management from other large companies and had a solid plan to make it work.… Advice to Senior Management: Please turn this into a "real" company if you want to succeed. I'm impressed that you are still in business but things cannot last with… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Gold Buyers At The Mall is a Great company to work for

General Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Gold Buyers at the Mall full-time for more than a year

Pros: You get to offer people money for broken gold jewelry they will never use again. I've helped several people pay rent, gas money, extra cash… Cons: As long as work hard you have a solid job… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the Contest and the "Original Black bags" are back they are the best. I think several of us missed them for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Gold Buyers at the Mall.

Worked for Gold Buyers at the Mall? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gold Buyers at the Mall reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gold Buyers at the Mall CEO Danny Baruch. All reviews posted anonymously by Gold Buyers at the Mall employees.