Very satisfied - the management and overall market consistently provide growth for associates and the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Gold Key PHR

Pros

Excellent reputation created by guests, associates and community.
Consistently striving to exceed expectations, including internal operations and training associates.
Large enough to be known to management and guests as a name and not a number.

Cons

Could use help on the technical side. Spending the $ on systems and applications to do the #s creates more time for guest-focused associates.

Continue to maximize the appreciation of "human capital". We are getting better at it each year!

Other Reviews for Gold Key PHR

mixed management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Gold Key PHR

Pros

this is a growing company. There are possibilities to advance, but management overlaps in so many paces it's hard to know who your boss is.

Cons

They don't treat their employees that well. They try to get staff as cheap as possible and it shows. Hard to know who is boss.

Provide some clear definition of who is suppose to do what. To many cheifs and not enough Indians to say the least.

Fun, exciting, lucrative, social place to work!

Current Employee - Cocktail Server  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Cocktail Server in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Gold Key PHR full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Face pace, upbeat, exciting work
    -Great possibility to make great money
    -Fun, helpful coworkers
    -Social environment with all walks of life
    -Dependable management and corporate employees
    -Great quality food and alcohol that basically sells itself

**I personally love my job!

Cons

-Very fast pace environment so new employees need to understand the level of expectations that the position requires (I personally LOVED the high expectations, so it wasn't necessarily a con for me)
    -Work all or most major holidays (Valentines Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve) -- but make wonderful money on those days!

--Honestly, there are no major cons to working for this company. Its more of a personal preference basis of what you consider a con (Not working holidays vs working holidays and making great money!)

Continue to hire extremely qualified employees for the approaching spring/summer season-- working with other extremely qualified employees makes work easier for everyone!

There are newer employer reviews for Gold Key PHR.

Worked for Gold Key PHR? Contribute to the Community!