Gold & Silver Buyers

www.goldandsilverbuyers.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Gold & Silver Buyers

Great Company...lots of opportunity & Best of all...HIRING!!!

Current Employee - Regional Gold Buyer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Regional Gold Buyer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Gold & Silver Buyers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to, "write your own paycheck"!

Cons

Long hours (19 a day)...but worth it!

Advice to Management

Would like to see a quicker turnaround to get marketing materials approved.

Other Employee Reviews for Gold & Silver Buyers

1. LIARS AND THIEVES

Former Employee - Precious Metals Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Precious Metals Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Gold & Silver Buyers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When gold and silver were high we were all happy and appreciated. It was long hours, but the money was well worth it. Thank goodness they now down to 10 stores. They're easy to put out of business because they treat their employees so badly.

Cons

The Culwell Clan got big heads and very stupidly began adding more and more stores. Hiring more employees to run them while every few weeks changing the commisiion structure to their benefit. Had buyers lie about the true spot price of gold and silver. Cheated employees out of hundreds of thousands of dollars in commissions with their miscalculated purchase calculator. I was the first to notice this and after metioning it to my manager was fired a week later for stealing. We were expected to lie to the customers about the true value of their diamonds. Telling customers that their diamonds had very little or no value if the stone was under half a carat.

Advice to Management

Shut the business down. You've made your millions now take the money and run. It is so mean of you to be financially hurting people by walking leases all over Texas.

2. Look at the old review..an o.k. company back then...recent reviews are bad because they are bleeding the company dry

Former Employee - Senior Precious Metals Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Precious Metals Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Gold & Silver Buyers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm sorry, unless you are desperate ...that's the only nice thing I can say

Cons

They changed their name from Gold & Silver Buyers because they are being sued from former employees for many reasons like loss of pay etc.. They took a lot of the company profits and took it overseas because they are being investigated. They are starting to bounce checks to employees and sellers (customers). There is no advertising budget and they dropped everyones overtime pay, vacation pay and chance at a fair chance to make commission months ago. At $10 and hour, no one can afford company healthcare or Obamacare. Out of the 70 employees in the Houston Area only 6-7 people a month make commission. They raised the expectations so high so that they could keep more money for themselves. People have lost the incentive to work hard (these are Strong Negotiating Salespeople who are not lazy when they are paid fairly) but if you know you are not going to benefit by earning thousands of dollars in profit for the company.......

Advice to Management

Go to OZ and ask for a heart from the wizard. Oh yeah that was a dream too.....