Gold's Gym

www.goldsgym.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gold's Gym

Great job for those into fitness

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL
Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Gold's Gym full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free membership, tanning, etc. Great clientele. Modern facilities among the best I've seen. Fair employee discounts for all products. Great opportunities for Personal Trainers to build a solid client base.

Cons

Low pay, minimal benefits. You must work longer weekend hours for the first year. High turnover of employees, especially in sales department.

Offer better benefits, and a chance to advance.

227 Other Employee Reviews for Gold's Gym (View Most Recent)

This company does little to support the personal training department to make an equitable living.

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Personal Trainer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Gold's Gym part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It allowed me to do something I love while working with a great staff. The free-employee membership was an added perk.

Cons

The company doesn't pay it's training staff well. Customers were paying anywhere between $55-$65 a session and training staff was getting paid $10-12 an hour. I was required to be there for a certain amount of time when not training and that pay was minimum wage.

Consider a fair percentage to pay the staff. I'm not naive enough to say pay 50/50, but enough for employees to make a living. We're doing all that work out there training these people, coming up with diet and supplement plans and are

Amazing staff and amazing experience

Current Employee - Fitness Consultant in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Fitness Consultant in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Gold's Gym part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

relaxed, easy-going, fun, friendly, soft sales, free gym membership as an employee, great staff, great connections, music, there's always a personal trainer to ask for advice!

Cons

not the best pay, at least to start; sometimes customers can be snippy and demanding, but just jeff it off because it's usually not your fault

Get things fixed timely and "for good"; reconsider the facility improvement fee (amount)...

There are newer employer reviews for Gold's Gym