Gold's Gym

www.goldsgym.com
  www.goldsgym.com
There are newer employer reviews for Gold's Gym

This company does little to support the personal training department to make an equitable living.

Former Employee - Personal Trainer in San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Personal Trainer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Gold's Gym part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It allowed me to do something I love while working with a great staff. The free-employee membership was an added perk.

Cons

The company doesn't pay it's training staff well. Customers were paying anywhere between $55-$65 a session and training staff was getting paid $10-12 an hour. I was required to be there for a certain amount of time when not training and that pay was minimum wage.

Consider a fair percentage to pay the staff. I'm not naive enough to say pay 50/50, but enough for employees to make a living. We're doing all that work out there training these people, coming up with diet and supplement plans and are

214 Other Employee Reviews for Gold's Gym (View Most Recent)

Great job for those into fitness

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Gold's Gym full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free membership, tanning, etc. Great clientele. Modern facilities among the best I've seen. Fair employee discounts for all products. Great opportunities for Personal Trainers to build a solid client base.

Cons

Low pay, minimal benefits. You must work longer weekend hours for the first year. High turnover of employees, especially in sales department.

Offer better benefits, and a chance to advance.

Amazing staff and amazing experience

Current Employee - Fitness Consultant in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Fitness Consultant in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Gold's Gym part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

relaxed, easy-going, fun, friendly, soft sales, free gym membership as an employee, great staff, great connections, music, there's always a personal trainer to ask for advice!

Cons

not the best pay, at least to start; sometimes customers can be snippy and demanding, but just jeff it off because it's usually not your fault

Get things fixed timely and "for good"; reconsider the facility improvement fee (amount)...

There are newer employer reviews for Gold's Gym