Gold's Gym

www.goldsgym.com

Easy to get in, nearly impossible to succeed.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey really will help you learn the business, teach you how to train and sell and manage your schedule. They will also hire non-certified trainers or trainers with a cert and no work experience, so it can be your first step into the world of training.

ConsManagement can be dangerously incompetent. We were threatened with dismissal if we didn't make goals EVERY SINGLE MONTH. They won't actually fire you unless you are breaking HR code in a pretty flagrant way, they'll just take away clients and drain your business, or suspend you for prohibitive amounts of time.

This was in Seattle and I speak only about that franchise, I can't judge others having not worked for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a close look at the management of your individual gyms, if there is an average turn-over of 2 weeks for new trainers there might be a reason other than hiring "people who can't cut it" as I was told.

Not too bad

I have been working at Gold's Gym

Pros: Set own-schedule, Free membership, Discount on product Cons: Tough to move up in pay, Cut commissions from 10%… Advice to Senior Management: give more incentives Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to learn from

I have been working at Gold's Gym full-time

Pros: A lot of outgoing people that you get to work with, and interesting people you meet on the way. You get a free membership, and… Cons: The hiring process is very slow, so at times you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Gold's Gym.

Worked for Gold's Gym? Contribute to the Community!