There are newer employer reviews for Gold's Gym

High stress and horrible compensation

Former Employee - Fitness Consultant in Vadnais Heights, Ramsey, MN
Former Employee - Fitness Consultant in Vadnais Heights, Ramsey, MN

I worked at Gold's Gym full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free gym membership. Some good co-workers.

Cons

All about sales and not about actually helping people. Constant changing of comp. plan. Outdated tools, equipment, and mindsets of management. High turnover, and limited training programs. No upward or promotion opportunities from within the company.

Advice to Management

Get with the times and reinvest in your company.

reviews filtered by

Front Desk Associate

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Gold's Gym part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free gym membership, discounted personal training, discounted sprint service, and discounted hotel rates at Omni.

Cons

Nothing about working for Golds Gym has been fun. They pay minimum wage, managers and sales staff never tell you information that members ask you about all the time (such as prices, when machines will get fixed, etc). You constantly have to look for help because you work alone and are expected to do up to ten different things at once such as make smoothies, process payments, answer the phone, and sell retail items while watching out for and stopping members with a balance to inform them of their delinquency and not allow them access (which by the way is your MAIN job). You dont get breaks, and you NEVER get off on time. As a front desk associate, I feel that the pay is way too low and there is no incentive to want to do a good job.

Advice to Management

Give associates a break! Literally! some of us are there for 7hours with no chance to run to the restroom or enjoy a bite to eat. Also communicate with your team and let us know what is going on in our gym so we can give the right information to members. Offer oportunities for raises and promotions.

2. Great place to work.

Former Employee - Front Desk in Ashland, MA
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Ashland, MA

I worked at Gold's Gym part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly environment, if you want a customer service job where you get paid to essentially have fun, this is the place for you. Free membership.

Cons

This is not the job for you if making money is your objective, and open 365 days a year means limited time off.

Advice to Management

Up the pay rate a little and you will get a better level of employee.