There are newer employer reviews for GoldBelt Raven

Busy but very Redundant

Current Employee - ESD Tier I Agent  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - ESD Tier I Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Dont take work home
*You will have an active Secret Clearance
*Busy so day goes by quickly
*Very Micromanaged*

Cons

This position will get very redundant, this is a great stepping stone but I wouldn't recommend staying here to long because you will loose your true troubleshooting skills because the way they are designed. The job isnt true IT troubleshooting. Everything is refer to a knowledge base for an issue, and I would say that 90% of issues are things that happen regularly and there will be directions out there to step you through everything. The job is pretty easy 7-4pm, 1 hour lunch, and 2 15 min breaks. They use call metrics, and monitor your calls and give you random evaluations.
You cannot take any days off for you first 90 days so if you have children be cautious of that, also they only want you to take at most 4 vacation days a year.

Make leadership, Leads and Assistant Leads do more work, and stop walking around micro managing. Perhaps top performers get some kind of encintive.

8 Other Employee Reviews for GoldBelt Raven (View Most Recent)

Excellent contracting assignment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven

Pros

- Good benefits
    - Very competitive salaries
    - Excellent Program Manager - Understands the business

Cons

- No career development provided

Its not too bad, but it could be better.

Current Employee - Tier I Agent  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Tier I Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven

Pros

The pay is decent for this economy and market, you will gain a lot of valuable IT experience. The benefits package and holidays off are great. The workplace is very busy so the day will go by quickly. The company will pay for IT certifications if needed after your 90 day probation period.

Cons

Some of the leadership is not qualified, you have seasoned technicians who are still underpaid while office politics have boosted the careers of people who have only been working for goldbelt raven for less than six months. At the help desk we are a high volume center and we have a board that tracks all the calls, when everyone is on the phone and no agents are available the board turns red. Instead of the "Leads" helping out they walk around asking people to hurry up or they just stand there looking at the board. When you have 4-5 leads walking around bothering people or taking smoke breaks it can be quite annoying. Being a leader doesn't mean you stop working! Help the team out! These type of issues have brought the moral down at work in a big way lately.

It would be nice to see leadership get more involved in work instead of joking around all day. We could really use the extra help. I think accomplishments also need to be recognized, all of the promotions to leadership I have seen have been due to politics instead of work ethic. We need more qualified leadership, I have seen scenarios where the technicians have to train the leads, its just unacceptable.

There are newer employer reviews for GoldBelt Raven

Worked for GoldBelt Raven? Contribute to the Community!