Excellent contracting assignment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven

Pros

- Good benefits - Very competitive salaries - Excellent Program Manager - Understands the business

Cons

- No career development provided

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Its not too bad, but it could be better.

Current Employee - Tier I Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Tier I Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GoldBelt Raven

Pros

The pay is decent for this economy and market, you will gain a lot of valuable IT experience. The benefits package and holidays off are great. The workplace is very busy so the day will go by quickly. The company will pay for IT certifications if needed after your 90 day probation period.

Cons

Some of the leadership is not qualified, you have seasoned technicians who are still underpaid while office politics have boosted the careers of people who have only been working for goldbelt raven for less than six months. At the help desk we are a high volume center and we have a board that tracks all the calls, when everyone is on the phone and no agents are available the board turns red. Instead of the "Leads" helping out they walk around asking people to hurry up or they just stand there looking at the board. When you have 4-5 leads walking around bothering people or taking smoke breaks it can be quite annoying. Being a leader doesn't mean you stop working! Help the team out! These type of issues have brought the moral down at work in a big way lately.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see leadership get more involved in work instead of joking around all day. We could really use the extra help. I think accomplishments also need to be recognized, all of the promotions to leadership I have seen have been due to politics instead of work ethic. We need more qualified leadership, I have seen scenarios where the technicians have to train the leads, its just unacceptable.

2. Upsetting

I worked at GoldBelt Raven

Pros

The only positive thing was to get experence under your belt

Cons

The amount of stress is not worth it for the pay

Advice to Management

NA