There are newer employer reviews for Golden Living

Excellent place

Current Employee - Activity Director in Mishawaka, IN
Current Employee - Activity Director in Mishawaka, IN

I have been working at Golden Living full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working with people, where staff, families or of course most importantly the resident, at the facitly I am employed is every changing. But that is what everyday is anyways. We up lift one another.

Cons

When one is dedicated to the position time managment is extremely difficult. No one excells in every part of their requirement. Strong points and negative areas are not unique. With everyoe being in the same positiion, stress happens. This is where teamwork is delveloped and often being the case misunderstood of your situation isn't top on the list. HOwever, the company is working on education of everyone in this area.

105 Other Employee Reviews for Golden Living (View Most Recent)

Golden Living- Sleepy Hollow-Awful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

I have been working at Golden Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The residents are very nice and you really can connect with them

Cons

Most awful place to work
    roaches
    lazy staff
    dirty bathrooms
    dirty facility
    interoffice gossip (even if you do not participate in it, they will talk about you)
    Executive Director is not professional, lacks leadership, he is a part of the gossip too.

Advice to Senior Management is to can the Executive Director. I have never worked for someone who is a drama queen and lacks the profssional ability to drive and deliver a successful facility. It's deplorable facility leadership!

Poor mix of satisfaction and disappointment.

Current Employee - Middle Management in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Golden Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with the Residents is the satisfying part. Unfortunately, there is not enough time for that. There are not enough hours in a day, and employees are not held accountable for their actions-good or bad. Must turn from your morals and conscience to work at Golden for an extended amount of time. The money is much more important than the residents they are supposed to be serving. Rules, regulations, and policies are different for everyone. There are no written policies or procedures. Benefit plan is very expensive, and encourages you to go to work sick. Management does not listen to reason or anyone under them. Basically the little guy (the one caring for the residents) does not have a voice. They are work horses.

Cons

Oops. I put it all in the pros column. Oh well. Goes along with my title. Poor mix.

Management should listen to the people that are doing the important work of caring for the resident. I got into this business because the resident should come first. It was hard to watch how it really goes. Most of the management should be replaced with people who have management skills, not political skills. Corporate should do an analysis of all leadership/management. Most are not fit to lead. I am afraid this company will not go far due to the issues I have described and the management not paying any attention to what is being said.

There are newer employer reviews for Golden Living