There are newer employer reviews for Golden Living

Great place to work and advance your career!

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse  in  Muscoda, WI
Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Muscoda, WI

I worked at Golden Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work at.

Cons

Small Town. Everyone knows everyone

Great Job to the managment!

100 Other Employee Reviews for Golden Living (View Most Recent)

the top of the line health feilds

Current Employee - CNA  in  Lumberton, NC
    Current Employee - CNA in Lumberton, NC

I have been working at Golden Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

enjoy the fun and excitement that i get from other employer, residents and family members that i meet everyday.

Cons

you just never know when one or more of our residents are gone.

keep up the good work.

Good company to learn from and get out

I worked at Golden Living

Pros

When I was first hired I received no training except for a week of orientation and I was thrown on the floor expected to do the job I was hired to do. I had one year experience as a nurse. It is not a safe situation, but you learn to ask a lot of questions or you will sink! New nurses entering administrative roles, make sure you are in a large building so that you can learn one job and learn iit well.

Cons

At the facility I worked at they were CHEAP. They would talk about wanting to improve things, but whenever I wanted to do something to improve morale, training etc - I was told there was no money in the budget for that. Employees were miserable there because more and more got put on them and there was so much push back because of it - there was very little team work anymore! They wanted me to learn how other buildings did stuff, but wouldn't let me do it. Made no sense!!

I think you lose more employees because those you invest training in you don't want to support what you train them to do. You talk about innovation and supporting the employees - but in truth you are only in it for profit. Your salaried employees should be encouraged to work regular hours except in times of dire need. I worked 12 hour days just to keep up with the amount of work put on the department doing reports, training, hiring, etc. And sitting on those calls- serious waste of time!!

There are newer employer reviews for Golden Living

Worked for Golden Living? Contribute to the Community!