Golden Nugget Gold Buyers

There are newer employer reviews for Golden Nugget Gold Buyers

LOVE MY JOB!!!

Current Employee - Reatail Sales Representative in Lakewood, CO
Current Employee - Reatail Sales Representative in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Golden Nugget Gold Buyers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing pay and bonuses! Family-like atmosphere. Growing company that promotes from within; job security in this economy is priceless! Open-door management policy. Four day workweek! If you are looking for work or unsatisfied with your current career for any reason I would highly recommend submitting your resume! I have been here a little over a year and have been completely happy with my life both in and out of work!

Cons

Hmm, there is not much negative I can think of. Its a retail environment; busy times and slow times but I enjoy it.

Keep running those Monthly Team-Building Contests! LOVE Bonus Money!!!

3 Other Employee Reviews for Golden Nugget Gold Buyers (View Most Recent)

Absolutely Stress Free Job!

Current Employee - Buyer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Buyer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Golden Nugget Gold Buyers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I cannot believe ANYONE with a brain would give this job a 1 star. I have worked for this company for a year + and I love what I do! Buyers get a starting pay of 15/hr - which being that you don't need a list of degrees since training is provided very thoroughly, is wonderful. If you pay attention in training and are teachable, you can go very far here. There are monthly/TEAM bonus encentives as well as TEAM effort encouraged amongst all buyers. Clicky? Absolutely not. One thing I really LOVE about this company is that it is NOT clicky. 80% of employees who join our team love it here and stay here unless they are terminated due to incompetence or violating company policies. Some of the best co-workers I've ever had, as everyone works together and is willing to share advice and ideas. Plus, your not a "number" here. Management knows who you are and show much appreciation and respect. Employee's who do a good job at their respective positions are compensated accordingly and are not over looked. Some days are slow which allow you much free time to read, surf online etc. Some days are super busy where our skills are tested. We educate our customers while providing literally the best customer service our customers find in this industry. We work 4 days a week and get 3 off. 90% of requested time off is honored. Nobody is breathing down your neck all day to meet dead lines. This is not a pawn shop sketch job, this is a highly professional environment where the management consistently encourages and provides the tools for buyers to be highly successful and knowledgable in the dynamics of the industry - hence the reason 70% of our business is repeat customers and referals.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the Buyer position. Sign holders are paid $10 per hour starting off, get a fair amount of regular breaks and quite frankly, it's sign holding. It's not treating someone like a second class citizen, it's A JOB that's perhaps not exactly glamorous however we're paying them 3+ dollars more an hour then anyone else will to sign hold. Furthermore, I beat so many "big name" places quotes I seriously question the validity of the previous reviewer. We pay super high, that's why we are affiliated with over 200 stores accross the country and have 10 locations in Denver. Our customers are making us grow, not low pricing. I have no "Cons" to say about GNGB, this is a great business, and if you have the opportunity to join us - do it! You'll love it...We all do!

Poor management

Former Employee - Buyer in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Buyer in Aurora, CO

I worked at Golden Nugget Gold Buyers (less than an year)

Pros

They pay their buyers $15/hr, a good starting salary considering they provide training.

Cons

Very poor management; sign holders are treated like second class citizens. They acid test all the jewelry because they won't invest in electronic testers. The company culture is not good, with no sense of being part of a team with shared goals. Employees are very cliquish. They pay about the lowest price for gold and silver you'll find anywhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Golden Nugget Gold Buyers