Goldman Sachs

www.goldmansachs.com
  www.goldmansachs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

A great working environment, especially for an intern, where everyone watches each other's backs.

Current Employee - Summer Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Summer Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Goldman Sachs as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I am an intern, so my view is slightly different than someone who works full time. So far I have loved the experience, and would consider another summer of full time if offered. In the Technology division, a financial background is helpful but certainly not necessary, as your primary job is to develop software, and having an understanding of the end-user's needs is helpful, but can be picked up as you go. The best part about the intern program is how much they focus on your learning, rather than just the value you can add. It's almost like getting paid to take a practical course at school (I've learned and improved that much with programming). Also, the pay is quite good so I can't complain there.

Cons

In the technology division, there is an unacknowledged assumption on the part of HCM that you must not want to work in any other division. For most, this is an accurate assumption and doesn't cause any problems. For some, however, other divisions really may be a better fit, and so it would be good if they were more open to that. My direct manager, to the contrary, was very open to my thoughts of moving divisions, but I certainly had to do all the research and find people myself, as HCM was only encouraging exploring other areas of technology.

Recognize that sophomore interns really may not have found the right place for them or you (to have them for the firm's benefit) their first summer. Have HCM actually encourage them to explore other divisions and network with people outside of technology if they so desire.

1810 Other Employee Reviews for Goldman Sachs (View Most Recent)

Application Developer

Current Employee - Applications Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Goldman Sachs full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice work and career opportunities

Cons

should have more processes and work life balance . Should increase pay scale

Should be more considerate towards visa processing

i really like this company

Current Employee - Managing Director in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Goldman Sachs full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great pay great people good times

Cons

culture can be backwards but still crazy

Pay me more let me work less

There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs