Goldman Sachs

www.goldmansachs.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

Perfect place to start a job in finance

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Goldman Sachs full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Talented coworkers, competitive working environment, easy to access mobility opportunities, also it is easy to fit into the corporate culture of hard working.

Cons

Compensation is not as attractive as before due to the challenging environment. The work hours are sometimes too long.

1972 Other Employee Reviews for Goldman Sachs (View Most Recent)

Prestigious firm with bright people, but very competitive and demanding

Former Intern - Private Wealth Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Private Wealth Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at Goldman Sachs as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Arguably the best financial services firm in the world. They provide their clients with an extremely high level of service. The company compensates employees extremely well, and the firm has an extraordinary level of resources available. GS is an excellent resume bullet point as many employers realize GS' hiring standards are stringent.

Cons

Very competitive firm, if it is in someone's best interest to take advantage of you many will. The firm demands growth and profits, you can be #1 one second and fired the next if performance lags. Resources are only made available if it is profitable to the firm. Money rules at GS.

You are #1. Great job, keep it up. Stay in front of bad press.

Do not work for this company.

Former Employee - Analyst Programmer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst Programmer in New York, NY

I worked at Goldman Sachs (more than a year)

Pros

They give you a decent basic salary but its not worth the trouble.

Cons

That salary is the only thing you will get. If you manage to get a good salary you can bet they will most likely give you a shitty bonus instead, unless you outperform the entire department.
    This company will never ask too much of you, you will be required to work extremely long and boring hours in manage to do a decent job unless you are beyond extremely talented and most people who work here are just above average. People will try to compete with you on every level, lots of backstabbing in private conversations, everyone for their own, be careful. Its mind boggling to me why smart people stay at GS. Many people around me was burn outs having sacrified their bodies with little return. I've never been worse treated than I was at GS. I'm very happy i left.

Nothing