There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

They look after their employees

Current Contractor - Operations in Jersey City, NJ
Current Contractor - Operations in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Goldman Sachs as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Higher than average salaries and also better bonuses They do more for employees than any place I've ever worked

Cons

Many groups have very long hours No matter how good a company is, you can never escape the politics

Advice to Management

When managers are already working too many hours, don't give them more work by cutting back their head count. The inevitable conclusion of that policy is that people who you value and need will leave. Remember, Goldman looks great on people's resumes and your best people will be sought out. Don't make it as easy for them to take that great offer!

Other Employee Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Senior Analyst within GSAM

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Goldman Sachs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The people. Extremely smart and they motivate you to perform at your best. - The prestige of the brand. Regardless of all the recent negative news about GS, employees / former employees are still proud to have worked at the firm. - Great exit opportunities when you're ready to leave. Other employers highly respect the name

Cons

- Hi stress. No matter how hard your work, there's always the thought of, should I be working a little harder. - Constant "do more" type of environment. You can get burned out after a while. - Pay isn't as good as you might expect

Very professional, but nothing is perfect either.

Former Employee - Computer Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Computer Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Goldman Sachs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had worked at other financial companies such as Tiaa-Cref and Bankers Trust, but Goldman had the best climate. I had to interact with many upper management folks and never had a bad experience. I made the most money for what I did at Goldman. They pay very well and the bonuses were fantastic.

Cons

I did have a few horrible experiences with people from IT, where I worked. It appeared that integrity and professionalism was directly proportional to how much money you made.

Advice to Management

Weed out the immature and irrational, don't promote them!