There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

Brief experience with only an overview of the surface of the company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Goldman Sachs as an intern for less than a year

Pros

They give a lot of freedom to contact employees and access to all the buildings, which makes you feel like part of the company

Cons

Everybody works hard, which is understandable, but many of the individuals seemed to be more focussed on themselves. There doesn't seem to be much of a camaraderie culture. The recruitment process was very impersonal even though I had done a two weeks internship.

1710 Other Employee Reviews for Goldman Sachs (View Most Recent)

A challenging and fulfilling work environment for all talent groups.

I worked at Goldman Sachs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Working with the best minds in the industry.
    * Transparency with the firm's management decisions in the industry.
    * Good employee benefits like - well networked cab facilities, in house play-home for toddlers , work from home options.
    *Open Door Policies for interaction with senior management. This is an excellent mindset that GS follows, you dont need to be shy to talk to senior management.
    *Excellent training for new joiners and college hires. GSU has some very good hands on training programs that add a lot of value to your current work.

Cons

*Capitalistic outlook. A good year will get you great returns in terms of hikes and other benefits. A bad year can drive you really hard.
    *Not much of work life balance as releases happen after trading ends in New York, which invariable ends up being weekends for us in Bangalore.

Please provide flexibility in retaining former employees. The only reason I had to quit was that I could' nt get a long leave in the firm due to some personal choices I had to make.

Fantastic organisation

Former Employee - Spring Intern Securities  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Spring Intern Securities in London, England (UK)

I worked at Goldman Sachs as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Best bank on the street, very meritocratic, lots of opportunities provided, I was a spring intern and people were very happy to help me with whatever I asked, people were passionate about what they did

Cons

All desks are different in their ethos, I didn't get to know every desk completely, i imagine work/life balance isn't necessarily great at times

Keep it up

There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!