Very hard culture to adapt to, if you are an 'experienced' hire

Former Employee - Human Resources - Global Mobility  in  London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Human Resources - Global Mobility in London, England (UK)

I worked at Goldman Sachs full-time for less than a year

Pros

The salary!
You are working witha lot of very intellilgent people at tthe top of their game. That's a pleasure.

Cons

For me, the culture didn't suit. I don't see that as a Goldman failing perse, just that I prefer an environment that's a little more amenable, a little more space for socialising and interacting with my colleagues rahter than only via a formal meeting etc. I think I was just not able to adapt to their way of working.

The interview process is torture!

Other Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Good Experience

Former Employee - Operations Analyst  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Goldman Sachs as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Good place to work with a lot of support, resources to progress. Very big on their community outreach, and LGBT initiatives.

Cons

Be careful of temporary contracts, if it's less than 9 months then you are probably just there to fill in before a full contract person comes to take your place.

WHat it likes

Former Employee - Operations Analyst  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at Goldman Sachs full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great place to work. I made a lot of friends there. But one thing I would advise for anyone looking into a career within the firm is that you have to have a thick skin, so be prepared to take a lot from people because at times it can be an incredibly unforgiving place.

Cons

Very bureacratic at times. Also they work you incredibly hard there so if you don't like hard work Goldman is not the place for you. For me personally, I have had to sacrifice a lot of my friendships and hardly see them due to always being at work.

There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs.

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!