Goldman Sachs

www.goldmansachs.com
  www.goldmansachs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

The best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Goldman Sachs full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Incredible culture, unbelievably smart and motivated people with less pretention than other places I've been. Very team driven (lots of shared credit and people who want to see you succeed). Incredible amenities (fantastic office building - specifically New York, but really all are great), great gym, healthcare, cafeteria. Wonderful sense of philanthropy (all employees are nearly required to take a day off to contribute to a charity).

Cons

Some cultural differences between the various divisions of the firm. Hours can be a bit long and you are expected to be available 24x7, especially with such a global footprint. Firm is drastically cutting costs and moving many teams to lower cost areas such as Salt Lake City.

Need to do a better job advertising the strengths and human side of the company. People who don't work there think it's evil, while people who do work there think it's incredible (and not because of compensation - but more because of how great it really is). Need to get that view out into the marketplace.

1810 Other Employee Reviews for Goldman Sachs (View Most Recent)

Gain a lot of experience

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Goldman Sachs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You really are exposed to more opportunities at a faster rate than you would be in the same position at another company. You'll learn an intense work ethic and you will see your value rise.

Cons

Hours can get long and it's not uncommon to have to sign in over the weekend

I enjoyed my one on ones with management. Sometimes it seems secretive as to what future progression is being mapped out. Openness helps the individual understand their potential and expectations

Finance Analyst

I worked at Goldman Sachs

Pros

Very smart people to work with. Everyone was very helpful in the beginning and I thought that we hd a great rapport

Cons

culture is stifling, nothing is said explicitly but lots of gossip that interns are subject to. make sure that you know whats going on around you

...