There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

Goldman Sachs

Current Employee - Vice President  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Goldman Sachs full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice office, good people, good internal mobility

Cons

Pay has taken a hit

1710 Other Employee Reviews for Goldman Sachs (View Most Recent)

Security company horrible they treat you like crap

Former Employee - Security Officer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Security Officer in New York, NY

I worked at Goldman Sachs full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best pay rate I've ever had good steady hours unlimited over time union benefits

Cons

OMG were to begin ...securing a bunch of pompous snotty people isn't pleasant they expect you to keep them safe but they treat you like crap. Co workers, very few were sincere most of them are a bunch of kiss butts back stabbing just to make themselves look better in front of management . The managers only 1 of them were reasonable the others were a bunch of corporate puppets .

Stop selling your soul to the devil for a check .... Have some respect for yourself and other humans.

Great opportunities, but be prepared to sacrifice your life.

Former Employee - Global Investment Research Analyst  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Global Investment Research Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Goldman Sachs full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has a great reputation and gave me opportunities to meet people that I probably would not have otherwise. The training programs are pretty good as well.

Cons

I worked 80-90 hrs/week almost every week, which was okay because I loved what I did. But people at the top tended to not handle stress well and that trickled down. It seemed like respect only went one way, which I couldn't deal with. Additionally, a lot of people that work there think they are really smart or entitled, which is a joke. Lastly, there are tons of meetings that are really redundant but mandatory, which seemed like a waste of time given the amount of work that was usually yet to be done.

"People are our greatest asset" shouldn't be your motto unless you are prepared to actually treat people with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Goldman Sachs

Worked for Goldman Sachs? Contribute to the Community!