Golf Course Superintendents of America

www.gcsaa.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Golf Course Superintendents of America

A great place to work and make life long friendships

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Golf Course Superintendents of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At the time I worked for GCSAA Steve Mona was the CEO. It was an amazing place to work with so many dedicated staff members and wonderful superintendent members. I loved my manager and director and grew tremendously as an employee under their guidance.

Cons

There have been significant changes in the executive staff and reductions in the overall staff since I left. GCSAA is known for never settling and frequently reorganizes the staff in an effort to find perfection. This is often unsettling for the staff and doesn’t usually lead to increased efficiency. I also found the salaries were much lower as compared to other assocations in the Kansas City area.

Other Employee Reviews for Golf Course Superintendents of America

Underpaid and reported to a horrible manager.

Former Employee - Accounting in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Accounting in Lawrence, KS

I worked at Golf Course Superintendents of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lawrence,KS is a nice town. Location of company is a plus. Upper management pleasant and easy to talk to - down to earth.

Cons

They don't pay very well at all. My personal experience was tainted because I had a horrible manager. Under utilized Not a challenging job. Very little room to advance.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the way mid level managers relate to their employees. My manager was disliked by her entire staff save maybe one person.

2. Toxic Atmosphere

I have been working at Golf Course Superintendents of America full-time

Pros

As non-profits go, it tends to be a solid performer in an interesting industry. There are always new projects that helps keep things interesting.

Cons

There are constant structure shake ups, mass staff layoffs, pay freezes, even furloughs. The atmosphere is so negative that it is impossible to succeed. Employees are not given an opportunity to perform or advance. Management is not to be trusted.