There are newer employer reviews for Golf Galaxy

This is a very fun and exciting place to work in the golf industry.

Current Employee - Players Assistant  in  Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Players Assistant in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Golf Galaxy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working around golf every day of work.
Co-workers are all knowledgable in the game of golf.
Management is pretty flexible in making the schedule.

Cons

Having to wear golf slacks in the middle of summer.
Wanting to spend my whole paycheck on the cool new golf clothing and equipment.

38 Other Employee Reviews for Golf Galaxy (View Most Recent)

Golf Galaxy (Dicks Sporting Goods) is a terrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Players Assistant  in  Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Players Assistant in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Golf Galaxy

Pros

Co- workers are nice.
    Store management is good.

Cons

-Low pay
    -Product knowledge and sales are the last priority- loss prevention (or "sales prevention" as we call it) is by far the #1 priority.
    -Managers have no time to actually run the store- they spend the majority of their time filling out paperwork or completing some meaningless task in the name of loss prevention.
    -What little perks we once had are being taken away (this is the only golf store on earth that I am aware of that does not allow employees to work on their own clubs) while we are simultaneously asked to do more and more for the same pay and with sub-standard equipment.
    -Worst employee engagement of any company I have worked for. I have always felt like just a number to the company.
    -Company will not invest in store upkeep, i.e fixing faulty simulator, but can pay for the loss prevention lady to come to our store and harass us 5 times since October.
    -Company took years to fire a GM that had been, among many other things, forging employees signatures on financial paperwork. He was reported numerous times and nothing happened for a very long time. The company really does not care about anything unless someone is stealing.
    -Literally no incentive to do anything above the bare minimum- low pay, no commission, no perks. Managers get performance bonuses, but nothing for the people who actually sell the equipment and services.
    -The general consensus among long time employees of the company is that once Dick's took over everything changed for the worse.
    - I feel like i work in a prison- they literally go to great lengths to treat all of their employees like criminals- pat downs, bag searches, etc...
    - Can't hit clubs there even though we are CLUB SALESMEN and are expected to have product knowledge. Typical example of the short-sightedness of this company. They don't feel that it is worth it to pay me for 10 min of club demos so that I can do my job better. If they read any reviews of the company online they would see that we are notorious for employing salesmen that have no idea what they are talking about.

All of this adds up to Golf Galaxy having the worst morale of any company I have worked for. I am starting a career in golf and I can honestly say that I will never work for Dick's again. I would rather work outside my field than be treated the way I have been with this company.

Talk to the lowly employees once in a while to get their feedback. We are the ones that are actually interacting with the customers and representing the company, yet I have never been asked for any feedback regarding working conditions or what we need to do our jobs better. The only feedback you want is info on theft. In typical Dick's fashion, you are very aggressive about telling us and making sure we know about the reward for turning in dishonest employees.

Good experience

Former Employee - Players Assistant  in  Newark, DE
    Former Employee - Players Assistant in Newark, DE

I worked at Golf Galaxy

Pros

Discounts, golf knowledge, learning club tech

Cons

Didn't give enough hours for working.

There are newer employer reviews for Golf Galaxy

Worked for Golf Galaxy? Contribute to the Community!