Golfsmith
www.golfsmith.com Austin, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great company potential but poor management execution

I have been working at Golfsmith full-time

ProsExcellent product offerings and onsite club testing facilities and equipment,which is superior to other retail competitors. Good discounts for employees for merchandise and services.

ConsTraining is informal and written procedures are lacking. Management does not seem to truly care about the emloyees and rarely asks or implements employee improvement ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemonstrate more interest in feedback from subordinates which is intended to improve company performance and show more concern about resolving the ongoing struggles of their employees. Formalize training and document work procedures, recognizing that increased productivity and less errors could be realized at a relatively low cost.

ALL EMPLOYEES ARE REPLACEABLE

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee)
Palm Desert, CA

I worked at Golfsmith full-time for less than a year

Pros: they spend money send you for an extensive training program away from home...give you… Cons: Little follow thru from upper mgmt...buyers respond too little too late...product always behind the demand chain instead of ahead. Pay is terrible for most of… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to mgmt team in each store or why hire them. Take a lesson from Apple and make employees. Happy at work and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great people to work with

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

I have been working at Golfsmith part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: flexible schedule great co workers and managers Cons: retail stores need some TLC but they are o.k. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Golfsmith.

Worked for Golfsmith? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Golfsmith reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Golfsmith CEO Sue E. Gove. All reviews posted anonymously by Golfsmith employees.