Golfsmith
www.golfsmith.com Austin, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Culture going backward

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you love golf, you'll like working at GS. Good deals on clubs and chances to experience the golf world.

ConsThe GS culture took a big hit this past year with the exit of the two leaders in HR that drove the change in the GS culture. The culture has reverted back to the old school approach to managing. Leadership training has stopped and the development of people has been put on the back burner. The company doesn't seem to be looking to the future, except maybe to sell it. The hiring of very expensive senior managers have strapped the company financially. Does a company this size really need to pay a COO $400k + living expenses + stock?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making decisions on a quarterly result. Look to the future, not the next 2 months. More realistic exec salaries would give the employees a feeling you really care about the company, not just your back accounts.

Decent place to work at

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

I worked at Golfsmith full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you like golf, It'll help you overlook everything else… Cons: High turnover in the corporate office Low pay in corporate They will… Advice to Senior Management: Care for your people!!!!! Money is not all it matters.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A place to get started

I have been working at Golfsmith

Pros: The access to Golf gear, equipment, and practice is pretty darn cool if… Cons: An Ok place to start, but given the low pay, outdated technology, and no room to grow, I wasn't planning on sticking around.… Advice to Senior Management: Bump up the pay and share in bonus plans. Reduce your own if you have too. In the long run, you'll have to pay… More
There are newer reviews on Golfsmith.

Worked for Golfsmith? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Golfsmith reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Golfsmith CEO Sue E. Gove. All reviews posted anonymously by Golfsmith employees.