Goliath Technologies

www.goliathtechnologies.com
  www.goliathtechnologies.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goliath Technologies

Wow, there is a disruptive technology start-up on the east coast…

Current Employee - Demand Generation Manager in Conshohocken, PA
Current Employee - Demand Generation Manager in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Goliath Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Goliath really represents the fundamentals of what a silicon valley start-up is – but in the Philadelphia area. From the long days and night to weekly happy hours and in-prompt to meetings everything about the company oozes Silicon Valley but in Philadelphia. The business is growing like crazy, there is a ton to do and the product (although still maturing) is better than anything in the market right now. Being a young professional, there were a ton of opportunities to learn, build my skill-set and be part of a hyper growth technology company outside of the valley. The team is outstanding as well. From the start, I was shocked at the youth in the organization while having age/expertise of the team here. Everyone is synced and moving towards one common goal – growing the company.

Cons

Being a start-up, long days and weekends are essential to the success of the organization. Honestly, there aren't enough days in the week to execute on our plans and answer the call from the market. While a con to some, no one here blinks an eye. Basically, be ready to work smart and hard – we need to in order to meet our goals. The pace and demands aren't for everyone.

Keep doing what you are doing. Don't lose the disruptive approach to the market. Keep on the cutting edge and driving innovation within the offerings. The team loves happy hour on Friday's... :-).

13 Other Employee Reviews for Goliath Technologies (View Most Recent)

Great product, great team, great leadership

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Goliath Technologies full-time

Pros

These guys have truly got a great product. Every sales call I was on you could hear the excitement in the prospects voice. The sales engineers and developers are amazing not only do they give great demos but also sell at the same time which in my experience is hard to find in a team.

The developers will build additional functionality to meet the needs of clients and prospects immediately. This is an awesome advantage as I've worked for other organizations where it could take months and years to get new features out.

The leadership is outstanding. The sales director and CEO have the best work ethics I've seen. In fact, the entire office did but I worked directly with sales mostly. They lead by example and even though there's long hours occasionally (as there is in the early stages of a company) you won't be alone the director and even CEO will be there with you. It makes it a lot easier when everyone is giving a solid effort and putting in the extra hours.

All in all if you are able to get the opportunity to sell for Goliath you should take it. They are in a great market with a great product with a great team behind great leadership. The others who posted negative reviews were most likely unsuccessful sales people who weren't able to make the commitment to their success.

Cons

This is a challenging career. It requires long hours at times. But if you like to be challenged and don't mind putting in the extra work (as I mentioned before you won't be alone, the CEO will there with you) you can get greatly rewarded.

It's a small office but if you can get in now you can be there for the growth and reap the benefits.

Keep leading by example. I'm excited to see where you can take the company!

Plain Terrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Goliath Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The ridiculous hours showed me that I was capable of amazing physical and emotional endurance.

Cons

Hard work was not rewarded, completely the opposite. Was misled and lied to from day one, from the hilarious work life balance spiel in the interview, to the comp plan. As mentioned in other reviews, the positive feedback on this page, is a complete lie as well.

Read a book about business ethics. Stop using unsuspecting young professionals as stepping stones in your quest to flip this company for a profit.

There are newer employer reviews for Goliath Technologies