Good Samaritan Society Canada
www.gss.org Edmonton, Canada

Mainly a good experience

Health Care Aid (Former Employee)
Lethbridge, AB (Canada)

ProsGSS provides flexibility in job access to scheduling. At the end of the day/night you know you have contributed to the welfare of seniors or disadvantaged people. Staff have a chance to be creative with the residence in creating a homelike environment when given the opportunity of proper staffing.

ConsBurnout is common due to shortage of workers on the floor during periods of high acuity. Upper and middle management have little concept of nursing as they are often without a health care background which potentially can endanger the safety of both residents and staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't have the background to truly understand the job requirements of nursing staff then take the time to job shadow so you can stay in the loop as to what is really happening on the floor. Communicate with staff about the real issues and don't hide behind policy such as best practice. Take staff seriously when they tell you a resident has become dangerous.

good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Good Samaritan Society Canada part-time for more than a year

Pros: the best company i've ever worked in Cons: but unfortunately minim career opportunity Advice to Senior Management: be more creative to create employees there More

never met such backstabbers in my life,management were crooked liars

Facilities Manager (Former Employee)
    Prescott Valley, AZ

I worked at Good Samaritan Society Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Paitents were great and interesting Cons: never met such backstabbers in my life,management were crooked liars Advice to Senior Management: do not take credit for idea's that your staff came up with ,advance employees,your salaries… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Good Samaritan Society Canada.

Worked for Good Samaritan Society Canada? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Good Samaritan Society Canada reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Good Samaritan Society Canada CEO Shawn Terlson. All reviews posted anonymously by Good Samaritan Society Canada employees.