There are newer employer reviews for Good Technology

Good company in a great space

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart leaders and a good product.

Cons

The environment requires work. All employees make an impact.

Hire great people.

91 Other Employee Reviews for Good Technology (View Most Recent)

Marketing Sr, Director

Current Employee - Marketing Senior, Director  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Senior, Director in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Good Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good vision where the company could be
    Open to listen to new ideas

Cons

Inept marketing leadership
    Mgmt not willing to execute changes
    No marketing budget but great expectation to drive digital marketing
    no career advancement

allow for marketing changes
    increase marketing budget
    improve employee morale
    innovate or stagnate;

Less thrashing than in the 'old days' but still too much. "Vision" isn't just a buzzword, folks.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Good Technology full-time

Pros

Forward looking; new plans, new project, lots of things getting much-needed attention. Lots of potential; the market space has lots of room for exploration. Somewhat open to change; willing to spend money and try new things.

Cons

Too forward looking; things that are imperfect, but could be fixed are dropped in favor of what's "shiny" with little or no forethought. Too much potential; still some thrashing and not enough thinking--trying to do too many things at once and not "finishing" things. Too open to change for change's sake; if you don't bother to learn from experience, nothing prevents the same mistakes from being repeated, and repeated, and repeated.

Back up and work on the people skills.

Talented, hard working "resources" go somewhere else because they feel ignored and unrewarded--both emotionally and financially. Yes, business goals are important, but people need to feel invested in the goals of the company/department/team if they're going to be effective. Money is nice but, frankly, emotional engagement and job satisfaction is much, much more effective at retaining the best folks and much, much cheaper in the long run.

There's not enough listening going on, and it shows. If we don't make time to ensure we "all know" what we "all know" the resulting uncertainty and confusion makes everything harder. "Surprise" is the number one enemy, and there's way too much of that happening. It's infuriating to discover second hand our team is "committed" to do/be/have something without having been consulted, much less informed. (Is what they want even possible? Who knows? And they want it when?!?)

Also, if I go to one more meeting where "team commitment," "value proposition," or "capacity planning" are discussed, in a non-ironic way, with absolutely no pesky "facts" to support bald assertions, I'm going to have trouble holding back the hysterical laughter. Seriously.

Also, Velocity (RE Agile) is NOT something that always needs to increase. Teams need to find their stride so they can confidently deliver consistent, quality results over the long term. We're better than we were, but nowhere near good enough yet.

Also... no, I think that's it right now. Thanks, Internet, for letting me rant. Arrivederci!

(Note on status... "current" will soon change to former. Take that for what you will.)

There are newer employer reviews for Good Technology

Worked for Good Technology? Contribute to the Community!