GoodData

www.gooddata.com
  www.gooddata.com
There are newer employer reviews for GoodData

Currently, the best technological startup in the Czech republic

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Brno (Czech Republic)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Brno (Czech Republic)

I have been working at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can work from the Czech rep and your product will be competing with products made in Silicon Valley. Moreover. GoodData's product seems to be winning in its category which is great feeling when you are part of the team.

Cons

With growth in revenue, size and people, also growth of internal policies occurs. I do not believe that policies can solve problems. I believe more in individual responsibility and ownership.

50 Other Employee Reviews for GoodData (View Most Recent)

Energizing!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GoodData full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellence in people, product, customers and investors, changing how global companies use information to succeed! The working collaboration and cooperation between US and Czech teams has mostly been outstanding, with a willingness to accept that each and every org and person plays a key role in making customers, and subsequently the company, successful.

Cons

Managing change is not impossible, but isn't easy, and we need to get better at doing and accepting necessary change... in order to succeed we need to constantly improve and change. That's true at the executive level and at the individual contributor level.

As we innovate and improve our solution and services, don't forget the customer base that got us here. While we generate better and better solutions, we must equally consider the migration of existing customers to those solutions, while we target new customer acquisition that will continue to move us up and up.

All the excitement and fun of the company are long gone

Former Employee - Consulting Services  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Consulting Services in San Francisco, CA

I worked at GoodData full-time

Pros

It's been mentioned a few times before, but there are some really great/helpful people that work there. Never really had any issues getting time off or being flexible with holidays/hours. WFH as you need. Most direct/mid-level managers want the best for you. I started at GD with little relevant experience in my role and learned/did a lot while I was there. The platform itself is well built.

Cons

If you read most of other 2 or 3 star reviews, you’ll pick up on a few themes. I wouldn’t say GD is a 1 star company, but definitely not anything higher than a 3.

First and foremost, upper management consistently shows with actions they don't care as much as they say. There’s constant turnover in a few key roles and always some new objective or goal being paraded around, only to be left for dead a quarter or two later. There’s no consistent strategy or direction for the company. Here are some examples:

- It took years for the company to hire an HR presence to try to fix some issues that keep causing all the smart people to leave. They did a huge survey and when poor results came in across the board… and no significant changes happened. Items like personal development and trainings are still poorly managed. Career path doesn’t really exist at all.
    - There’s always been a huge lack of alignment across the whole company. Salesmen still constantly sell deals that don’t fit what the platform can do and barely know how to work the product themselves. Services is understaffed and underpaid. You could work nights & weekends to deliver a huge up-sell to a customer and not see any acknowledgement or comp from it. Happy employees make happy customers, and happy customers spend more money. Nobody's figured that out.
    - The only recognition people get (outside of sales comp) is really nothing more than a powerpoint slide or pat on the back. Relating to the above, after a year or so there I was never pushed to inspired to do more than the bare minimum. I constantly pursued new projects and work, but was met with shrugging shoulders. The two raises and promotion I had required way way too much politics to get recognized for the level I was performing at.
    - Most VP’s just don’t care. When I put in my 2 week notice to my immediate manager, my VP waited until I was -literally- waiting for the elevator to leave on my last day to ask for any feedback. After noticing he wasn’t paying attention after my first thought, I didn’t feel like wasting my time any further and left to celebrate with friends. Having trained (and hired, in some cases) most people in the group over my years there, why would you not make an effort to learn to better yourself? It boggles my mind, especially when you're struggling to simply backfill positions of those who've left. Easily one of the worst mangers I've ever worked under.
    - Pretty much all talented people don't stay more than a year and all senses of a ‘community’ are long gone. Monthly new employee happy hours have been canceled, but there’s a going-away HH almost every other week anyways. In the I left most people would ask me how much.

Reading through all of the [negative] reviews, it's painfully obvious that people saw the potential and cared (or wanted to) but never got any leadership they needed to be satisfied and/or succeed. Hopefully the board reads this some of these reviews and drive accountability outside of a single sales number.

There are newer employer reviews for GoodData

Worked for GoodData? Contribute to the Community!