GoodData

www.gooddata.com
  www.gooddata.com
There are newer employer reviews for GoodData

A couple of bumps/missteps, but a lot of positive change helping the company move from "startup" to "enterprise" mode.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

GREAT PEOPLE - can't say that enough. Good workers and even better friends.

Strong product with good, viable market. Exciting to see actual accomplishments with real clients. The company/product is organized to move rapidly to solve issues, and we have a lot of creativity in-house to help find workable solutions.

The speed of innovation is unrivaled.

Lots of opportunity to provide value to the company and grow as a worker.

Location - heart of Financial District in S.F. One block from BART.

Cons

Unfortunately, a lot of the reviews on here have valid points - lack of transparency and trust, mostly. Too many useful people are let go (fired, or quit), either from lack of understanding/awareness by senior management or from simply being overworked. There's a lot of work being done right now to fix this, and positive signs of recovery, but there have been a lot of bridges burned along the way.

A lot of this stems from a lack of on-boarding/structure, as well. If people aren't set up to thrive and don't have clear success criteria, they aren't going to meet the expectations of upper management.

Also, the vision has been somewhat inconsistent. If we're having the front line sell something, we can't completely change our path the next quarter, then revert back when it didn't show immediate results. I get that the landscape is dynamic and that we need to constantly be planning ahead, but we can't be a phoenix every quarter.

Be patient with dramatic shifts in vision - payoffs are (almost) never immediate.

Take better care of your seasoned, proven workers... they aren't just another body to throw under the bus if things aren't going as planned. Own your own mistakes.

While on the topic of losing workers, document/share information better, especially anything we can gather from someone leaving the company. First, it will set more people up for success, especially when on-boarding. Second, every single person hired has some impactful set of knowledge and information tied to them, even if it's a mistake they (or we) made while they worked for GoodData. We need to stop treating every departure as a break up - burning things to the ground and starting fresh is an irresponsible way of handling it.

Be real with your workers. The "everything's A-okay" façade can be much more worrisome than actually verbalizing that things aren't up to par.

49 Other Employee Reviews for GoodData (View Most Recent)

Great people, mediocre product, despicable management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GoodData full-time

Pros

Very good people as long as you're not talking about senior management.

Cons

There was no loyalty toward the people who actually did the work. Senior management routinely hired (and then fired) incompetent kiss-asses, all the while expecting the rank-and-file to wave the GoodData flag. Want an example? Many of the smiling people in their marketing materials have been fired. So how accurate is the image that the company projects?

Drop dead.

Tremendous opportunity shrouded by management misdirection

I worked at GoodData full-time for more than a year

Pros

- if you're motivated and have the right manager you can get to do high profile work that WILL elevate your career
    - every A star who was at the company will tell you that despite the negative experience, they got skills that helped them in the next job, startup, life, etc.
    - the product is ahead of the specific target market. PMM is aligned and just needs people hired long enough to execute a plan
    - extremely hard working services team; they win with customers

Cons

- bad gossip culture
    - CEO creates negative energy though "final death" competition
    - poor compensation

don't hire folks to write fake good reviews. we all know the company has massive potential - make the environment better, build some young careers and in the return build more equity value in the company

i am hopeful that the new management converts these options to cash

There are newer employer reviews for GoodData

Worked for GoodData? Contribute to the Community!