There are newer employer reviews for GoodData

A couple of bumps/missteps, but a lot of positive change helping the company move from "startup" to "enterprise" mode.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GoodData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GREAT PEOPLE - can't say that enough. Good workers and even better friends.

Strong product with good, viable market. Exciting to see actual accomplishments with real clients. The company/product is organized to move rapidly to solve issues, and we have a lot of creativity in-house to help find workable solutions.

The speed of innovation is unrivaled.

Lots of opportunity to provide value to the company and grow as a worker.

Location - heart of Financial District in S.F. One block from BART.

Cons

Unfortunately, a lot of the reviews on here have valid points - lack of transparency and trust, mostly. Too many useful people are let go (fired, or quit), either from lack of understanding/awareness by senior management or from simply being overworked. There's a lot of work being done right now to fix this, and positive signs of recovery, but there have been a lot of bridges burned along the way.

A lot of this stems from a lack of on-boarding/structure, as well. If people aren't set up to thrive and don't have clear success criteria, they aren't going to meet the expectations of upper management.

Also, the vision has been somewhat inconsistent. If we're having the front line sell something, we can't completely change our path the next quarter, then revert back when it didn't show immediate results. I get that the landscape is dynamic and that we need to constantly be planning ahead, but we can't be a phoenix every quarter.

Advice to Management

Be patient with dramatic shifts in vision - payoffs are (almost) never immediate.

Take better care of your seasoned, proven workers... they aren't just another body to throw under the bus if things aren't going as planned. Own your own mistakes.

While on the topic of losing workers, document/share information better, especially anything we can gather from someone leaving the company. First, it will set more people up for success, especially when on-boarding. Second, every single person hired has some impactful set of knowledge and information tied to them, even if it's a mistake they (or we) made while they worked for GoodData. We need to stop treating every departure as a break up - burning things to the ground and starting fresh is an irresponsible way of handling it.

Be real with your workers. The "everything's A-okay" façade can be much more worrisome than actually verbalizing that things aren't up to par.

reviews filtered by

Top Technology in a Growth Industry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at GoodData full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

GoodData is a dynamic work environment in the ever expanding BI SAAS space. They are willing to promote and reward employees at anytime and even multiple times within the year. With the company growth and offices in Prague, Boston, San Francisco, and Portland they have many job opportunities at any time. The company has started the 2014 calendar year by investing heavily in company culture and a renewed marketing effort that I believe will lead to a strong company future. They honored my bonus plan even while I was leaving to pursue another opportunity. I respected this action very much.

Cons

As you would expect with a start-up environment in an evolving tech space... the rate of change was great! This included company direction, marketing approach, and product road map. You will need to be someone who can work with ever changing goals and objectives to be successful at GoodData.

Advice to Management

Make 1 to 2 year decisions and see them through by continually focusing on them.

GoodData Response

May 25, 2014Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for highlighting the company's focus on people and culture in 2014. We are committed to ensuring everyone at GoodData has the tools and support they need to be as successful as possible ... More

Great people, mediocre product, despicable management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GoodData full-time

Pros

Very good people as long as you're not talking about senior management.

Cons

There was no loyalty toward the people who actually did the work. Senior management routinely hired (and then fired) incompetent kiss-asses, all the while expecting the rank-and-file to wave the GoodData flag. Want an example? Many of the smiling people in their marketing materials have been fired. So how accurate is the image that the company projects?

Advice to Management

Drop dead.