Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

www.goodbysilverstein.com
  www.goodbysilverstein.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

The hidden side of a massive, successful agency

Former Employee - Creative  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

Pros

Good pay, good clients, and a well-repsected agency within the ad community. Lots of great ads coming out of that place.

Cons

Long hours, disorder, lack of structure, poor sense of community, crowded. People seemed stressed and all the projects I was on had a chicken-with-head cut off order to them, bad deadlines. The building is packed with people because it has grown so large and most people don't seem to know each other that well.

While there are a lot of big name clients, there are also a ton of shitty projects getting assigned–the kind of work that doesn't get showcased anywhere but is just part of getting paid.

Seriously consider whether growing so big is the best thing for the culture of the place. Rather than create a crappy atmosphere with a churn and burn mentality, try to foster a place where creatives feel like they have an interest in the place and projects and each other.

56 Other Employee Reviews for Goodby, Silverstein & Partners (View Most Recent)

Harvard Ad School- if there was one, GSP would be it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

Pros

Self Entitlement is very common. Lots of self congratulatory emails to All Agency

Cons

ego is prevalent amongst some creatives

My time hear has been full of learning.

Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

Pros

The people who work here are really smart strategically speaking. You will learn more sitting in a room with these people for an hour than you would after working a month at most agencies. Also no one is afraid to try something new that has never been done, which is why we do such great work for our clients.

Cons

If there is a big presentation coming up, everyone is expected to work round the clock and you can put in a lot of hours. Also, you are expected to be attached to your email/cell most of the time.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

Worked for Goodby, Silverstein & Partners? Contribute to the Community!