Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
www.goodbysilverstein.com San Francisco, CA 150 to 499 Employees

The hidden side of a massive, successful agency

Creative (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

ProsGood pay, good clients, and a well-repsected agency within the ad community. Lots of great ads coming out of that place.

ConsLong hours, disorder, lack of structure, poor sense of community, crowded. People seemed stressed and all the projects I was on had a chicken-with-head cut off order to them, bad deadlines. The building is packed with people because it has grown so large and most people don't seem to know each other that well.

While there are a lot of big name clients, there are also a ton of shitty projects getting assigned–the kind of work that doesn't get showcased anywhere but is just part of getting paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously consider whether growing so big is the best thing for the culture of the place. Rather than create a crappy atmosphere with a churn and burn mentality, try to foster a place where creatives feel like they have an interest in the place and projects and each other.

Harvard Ad School- if there was one, GSP would be it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

Pros: Self Entitlement is very common. Lots of self congratulatory emails… Cons: ego is prevalent amongst some creatives Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

My time hear has been full of learning.

Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners

Pros: The people who work here are really smart strategically speaking. You will learn more sitting in a room with these people for an hour than… Cons: If there is a big presentation coming up, everyone is expected to work round the clock and you can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.

Worked for Goodby, Silverstein & Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodby, Silverstein & Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodby, Silverstein & Partners CEO Jeff Goodby & Rich Silverstein. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodby, Silverstein & Partners employees.