Goodman Manufacturing
www.goodmanmfg.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

This company doesn't care about its' employees and their employees hate working there - me included.

Production Worker (Current Employee)
Dayton, TN

ProsIf you want lots of overtime, this is the place for you.

The work isn't hard.

Coworkers are nice and helpful.

Seems they care about safety.

ConsThis place doesn't care about its' employees. I have been there only a few days as a temp and have been told by 3 people that have worked there for a while that I won't want to work there. No coworker I've spoke with likes working for Goodman.

The temp service lied to me about the number of hours and days of work to get me to work there (the shift I'm on works 7 10 hour shifts with no days off).

The base pay isn't enough (Other companies in the area pay better).

Its' hot. No AC in an AC production plant.

The hours and days are long.

They can't keep employees so they have a very high turnover and everybody is shorthanded.

Some employees were temp employees for a very long time...years even. This is not fair, especially with how hard jobs are to come by these days, people need job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better. Maybe have profit-sharing or employee ownership via stock options. Get your employees involved in your company. Listen to your employees. Care about your employees.

Former Employee at Houston

Former Employee (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Got my Paycheck every two weeks Cons: If your goal is to make little money, learn nothing and work long hrs this is the company to work for. Working at Goodman was… Advice to Senior Management: You can put only so much lipsick on a Pig. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Secure job; overall good place to work

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Strong company; fair pay. Good work / life balance Cons: Convoluted work processes. Branches run thin on employees Advice to Senior Management: Streamline processes; get rid of redundant work. More
There are newer reviews on Goodman Manufacturing.

Worked for Goodman Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodman Manufacturing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodman Manufacturing CEO Charles A. Carroll . All reviews posted anonymously by Goodman Manufacturing employees.