There are newer employer reviews for Goodman Manufacturing

The Rich get Richer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Big company, so your job is relatively safe
-Decent benefits
-Good diversity
-Casual Friday

Cons

-No bonuses unless you're upper management
-Low compensation in comparison to other companies
-Things are done one way, don't try to change them. You will be frowned upon.
-They will promise you one thing, and if they give it to you (like they did me because it was the one thing I negotiated when I came on board, and it wasn't my compensation), don't be surprised if it is taken away shortly thereafter (like they did me)
-They limit your internet time. They call it "quota time". You get (6) 10 minute intervals on the internet on non work related sites each day. Social networking sites, and many others, are completely disallowed.
-Management will come and go as they please. I would constantly get there at 7, 7:30 or 8 and leave at 5 or later. The managers will get there at 8:30, 9 or later and leave no later than 5 every day.
-Management will receive additional perks on top of bonuses, such as parking, trips/vacations, offices, unlimited quota time (see above), consistent raises, and promotions. Do not expect to receive any of this.
-In the years I was there, I never received a bonus or raise, despite working hundreds of hours of overtime.

Have more respect and appreciation for the non-management employees. Reward hard work and effort instead of assuming working for Goodman is enough of a reward. Instead of giving tens of millions of dollars to a few, already rich, people, divide some of it between the thousands that would appreciate a very small bonus more than you realize.

68 Other Employee Reviews for Goodman Manufacturing (View Most Recent)

They are cheap and care nothing for their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, TN

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It is a job, but you earn your pay

Cons

Pay does not compensate for the work expected of you
    Supervisors and upper management show you no respect at all, some will cuss you
    Company has no interest in the community
    Expects you to work overtime at last minute without any warning
    Company has no respect for employee's family

Realize that the employees provide the means for your salary not the other way around...if we didn't bust our butts, then who would? Surely not you!

And I Gave My All and almost five years.

Former Employee - Worked Various Positions in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Worked Various Positions in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The seem to be permanent but temporary pay!!!!!

Cons

I worked for this company for almost five years and gave everything I had to this company. One month and a few days from five years they decided to terminate me and use my absence (not technically a absence) as a excuse when I was being sent home due to the lack of work. They even had me working many positions from leak tester, coil repair, bender and the list goes on. They fired me and made me look bad instead of just owning up. You would think they would feel bad after letting you go but then they kick you in the butt with the lies. Five years and a bad reference. There is a man upstairs and this business won't get to far too long. I understand the economy went bad and making $17 a hour I was one of many they let go. It is no secret why but why lie. The sad thing is this company has no care for their employess, had they been concerned they would have thought about all the people they let go and their families. Please do not trust this company and think you can make career with them. They are hiring people and when they get to a certain pay they terminate and find someone else through the temp. agency.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodman Manufacturing