There are newer employer reviews for Goodman Manufacturing

Worst company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than a year

Pros

-You get paid on time
-Your job is secure (they can't fire anyone because the turnover is so great)
-Most of the people (non-management) you work with are nice and helpful

Cons

-Non-competitive pay, no career advancement, no leadership from senior management
-Not a people centered culture - it's all about getting work out the door and "value engineering" (nickel and diming the products to the point of poor quality.)
-No incenitives for hard workers (no bonus, profit sharing, etc.) so people aren't invested in their work.
-Constant turnover at all levels of organization - only mediocre "talent" remains, and it shows in the work.

66 Other Employee Reviews for Goodman Manufacturing (View Most Recent)

They are cheap and care nothing for their employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fayetteville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, TN

I have been working at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It is a job, but you earn your pay

Cons

Pay does not compensate for the work expected of you
    Supervisors and upper management show you no respect at all, some will cuss you
    Company has no interest in the community
    Expects you to work overtime at last minute without any warning
    Company has no respect for employee's family

Realize that the employees provide the means for your salary not the other way around...if we didn't bust our butts, then who would? Surely not you!

The Rich get Richer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Goodman Manufacturing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Big company, so your job is relatively safe
    -Decent benefits
    -Good diversity
    -Casual Friday

Cons

-No bonuses unless you're upper management
    -Low compensation in comparison to other companies
    -Things are done one way, don't try to change them. You will be frowned upon.
    -They will promise you one thing, and if they give it to you (like they did me because it was the one thing I negotiated when I came on board, and it wasn't my compensation), don't be surprised if it is taken away shortly thereafter (like they did me)
    -They limit your internet time. They call it "quota time". You get (6) 10 minute intervals on the internet on non work related sites each day. Social networking sites, and many others, are completely disallowed.
    -Management will come and go as they please. I would constantly get there at 7, 7:30 or 8 and leave at 5 or later. The managers will get there at 8:30, 9 or later and leave no later than 5 every day.
    -Management will receive additional perks on top of bonuses, such as parking, trips/vacations, offices, unlimited quota time (see above), consistent raises, and promotions. Do not expect to receive any of this.
    -In the years I was there, I never received a bonus or raise, despite working hundreds of hours of overtime.

Have more respect and appreciation for the non-management employees. Reward hard work and effort instead of assuming working for Goodman is enough of a reward. Instead of giving tens of millions of dollars to a few, already rich, people, divide some of it between the thousands that would appreciate a very small bonus more than you realize.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodman Manufacturing

Worked for Goodman Manufacturing? Contribute to the Community!