Goodmortgage.com

Fantastic Management!

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer  in  Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goodmortgage.com

Pros

Very supportive management team. I think they have a great brand and I know they have a stellar reputation. The job is straightforward and fairly easy to understand. As someone new to the industry, earning a base salary was helpful as I learned the job. This is the first place I've worked where I was more warmly received by management than by my peers. I attribute this to a commission sales environment where high turnover is normal so people are reluctant to get attached to someone who may likely leave. The employees who have been around for a while seem to get along pretty well.

Cons

I was not there long enough to observe a lot of cons. I think they could work on enhancing their vacation policy. As I understand it, when you take accrued vacation, you can in effect lose money because it is based on your base salary versus an average of your commissions over a given period. Beyond that, I think they are an outstanding organization which many larger businesses should seek to emulate.

Keep doing what you are doing. I have a great deal of respect for Michele and Sander. Two truly wonderful people. Keith has built a great company and a great brand.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Goodmortgage.com (View Most Recent)

For the mortgage professinoal with a strong work ethic, there is not a better place to work than Goodmortgage.com.

Current Employee - Loan Officer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com

Pros

Great leads (practically unlimited) that have high conversion rates relative to the rest of the industry. Ongoing training in real time as the industry changes. Licensing support system that allows you to be reimbursed for state licensing charges. A collaborative environment with access to several senior loan officers and managers that each have several years of experience in the industry. A system in place that allows you to close loans in as little as 2 weeks, even in this increasingly regulated environment. Managers that work hard for you so that you can continue selling while they fight the inevitable fires.

Cons

There is a need for marketing diversification. However, this is being addressed as I write this by bringing several new lead sources online that have proven in beta testing to have much higher conversion rates than existing lead sources.

Continue looking for ways to increase the employees' satisfaction and compensation through contests, bonuses, and performance incentives. This has worked well for you in the past, so a focus on this going forward will help keep quality people in place.

Loan Officer Review

Current Employee - Loan Officer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodmortgage.com

Pros

More leads than you can handle, and all the tools available at your fingertips to contact leads, close sales, make money and continue to grow! I like working for a company that alsways seems to be at least 6 months ahead of any curve. I like knowing that I work for such a reputable company. In this Field, there is no other local company that can compare to this. I also like having the ability to log on from home, and have access to my desktop should I need to do so. It makes it really easy to stay caught up if I am out, or if I need to find something for a client over the weekend, I can do all of this without having to be at my desk on those particular days.The benefits provided on site and pay structure, with more and more sales incentives and more pay based on performance and volume, and with always staying ahead of the pack are just a fe reasons on why I believe my company stands out far above and beyond others in this industry.

Cons

We are required to pay our own licensing, however, with performance of sales over $10,000 in gross fees per month, you get credtied back on these fees. The more I sell and earn, the more money I also get to use as credits towards paying for other licensing, including testing as well. The hours are very structured, but with continued above average performance you can work Flex Time, to come in early and leave early, to come in late and work late, or to trade out some Saturday time for a half day off during the week.

The lines of communication have improved with recent changes. It really makes the flow of information work both ways, and fosters better support and positivity amongst the group. Keep it up!! I would also like to see the Sales Team take on the Sales Managers in Team Quota Contests. I love the competition!

There are newer employer reviews for Goodmortgage.com

Worked for Goodmortgage.com? Contribute to the Community!