Goodrich Corporation
www.goodrich.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Sexist and old-school

Supply Chain (Former Employee)
Danbury, CT

I worked at Goodrich Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros"unlimited" personal & sick days - company policy to "assume the best." There are very intelligent, hardworking people here, but not all are like that. Things can get hectic, but there is a very healthy work-life balance.

Cons"Boys Club" mentality - if you don't suck up to management and play along with their games, they will make your life miserable and eventually try to push you out. Goodrich is very sexist - women are not paid nearly what the men are paid. Most of the men in my department were pigs and treated women like they were nothing but pieces of meat - checking them out, looking them up and down, making crude comments to each other, etc. The only way to get promoted is to buddy up with people who are deemed "important." The workloads were also unfairly distributed. People would just outright not do their work, and management would do nothing about it. The work was just given to people who actually worked hard and would do their job - and these are the same people that were underpaid and not recognized for their hard work. Very unethical & illegal things would go on and were repeatedly reported to HR, but nothing was ever done. Many employees were actively looking for a job, and I don't blame them - I got out as soon as I could! Since Goodrich was just acquired by UTC, everything is up in the air.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the current leadership team - NEVER promote people from within to management positions! Reward the hard workers, not people who slack off and go out golfing and drinking with the managers every other day. HR - LISTEN to your employees complaints/concerns - they are very real and makes coming into work very difficult when nothing is done.

Positive experience

Engineer (Current Employee)
Troy, OH

I have been working at Goodrich Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good advancement opportunity for those who want to climb the ladder. Compensation and benefits are very competitive.… Cons: Uncertainty with recent sale of the company to United Technologies Corporation.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep investing in current operations. The company is built on… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company, Competitive Pay and excellent People Philosophy

Continuous Improvement Specialist (Current Employee)
Chula Vista, CA

I have been working at Goodrich Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: No sick days, take what you need when you need it. Mutual Trust and Respect.… Cons: Aquired by UTC, future uncertain. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Goodrich Corporation.

Worked for Goodrich Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodrich Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodrich Corporation CEO Marshall O. Larsen. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodrich Corporation employees.