Goodrich Quality Theaters

www.gqti.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goodrich Quality Theaters

I could not ask for or find a better company to work for.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Goodrich Quality Theaters

Pros

Goodrich Theaters not only personally cares about its customers and presentation but also for its employees. They take care of you, get to know you. Theres always oppurtunities for advancement and above all else they Respect their employees and customers. Its hard to find companies who still run on morals and arent just out for making a quick buck. They are constantly lookin for ways to improve and cater to our customers.

Cons

Only downside isnt against Goodrich but rather the fact of movie theaters. Working nights, weekends and Holidays can be difficult to raise a family and have a social life.

None. Thanks for being the best company to work for!!

17 Other Employee Reviews for Goodrich Quality Theaters (View Most Recent)

Employee

Former Employee - Concessions in Brownsburg, IN
    Former Employee - Concessions in Brownsburg, IN

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free Movies, Great Staff, Great Customers, Breaks, Holiday Parties, Fun Atmopshere

Cons

Much Cleaning, Late Nights, Movies Breaking Down

Try to promote from within at a faster rate, other than that perfect.

Former High School Aged Employee at Savoy 16

Former Employee - Staff in Savoy, IL
    Former Employee - Staff in Savoy, IL

I worked at Goodrich Quality Theaters part-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Fairly accommodative as far as physical disabilities go - just never expect to be allowed to sit down while on the clock, unless you are a manager.
    - A free movie pass every week that includes a small popcorn and drink
    - If you manage to stick around for at least three or four years, you have a decent chance of being promoted to assistant manager or manager. This possibly could have been me since I worked there for 2 years before I quit for a better job.
    - They are always hiring.

Cons

- If you are under 18, they can and will legally pay you 50 cents under minimum wage.
    - People regularly get fired over little things (such as having a cell phone in your pocket, even if it's only being used to check the time or even completely shut off) - it's suspected by many that this is intentional, as it is cheaper to just fire and hire new people than having to give them a (usually 10 cent) raise if they stick around.
    - That horribly outdated training video they made everyone watch (at least back when I worked there).
    - Your feet will hurt really bad (the shortest shifts are 4-6 hours, but most average around 8 or 8 and a half hours), the only things you can do are try to get used to it and get some REAL supportive shoe inserts - NOT Dr. Scholls. Despite my own all-day shock absorbant Dr. Scholls, my foot still somehow got screwed up enough from working there that it still isn't quite the same. I apparently strained some tendons, but they still ache in that particular foot any time I'm on my feet for too long or run too hard. I don't know how it happened, just that I came back from work one day and the pain in that particular foot didn't go away and got more severe throughout that week until I couldn't even walk anymore. I probably hurt it somehow and didn't notice because whatever pain inflicted from whatever I did was indistinguishable from the pain they were already in.
    - You will probably eventually get sick of popcorn...if not from smelling and handling it, from just seeing it all over the floor all the time.
    - It's just another one of those typical public service jobs where patrons will overlook the fact that you are a human being or even exist.
    - If you are not liked by the managers, it is probably only a matter of time before you get fired.
    - This can be a pro or con I guess, but half hour long breaks for shifts that exceed four hours. I'm putting it down as a con because a half an hour is not nearly enough time for your feet to recover at all before going back, especially if you spend at least half of that break time just walking to your car or somewhere on the plaza to get food. You can be fired for returning late from break - especially if the manager is looking for an excuse to fire you.
    - If you work during the weekdays, especially over the summer, there's always a good chance you will either get sent home early because it's too slow or that you will barely receive any scheduled hours. People are most needed on the weekends, so that is when most people work - it just goes from being dead to absolutely chaotic.
    - You are expected to work during the holidays - yes, this includes Christmas, New Year's, and the Fourth of July.

- I heard things have been better since I worked there, keep it up!
    - Make sure prospective employees know exactly what they are getting into...advise them about how to properly manage the foot pain before they hurt themselves if they've never worked a job that requires them to be on their feet for that long. Seeing as the bulk of employees are in high school, this is a necessary statement.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodrich Quality Theaters