ISR Manufacturing Engineer Co-op

Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Westford, MA
Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Westford, MA

I worked at Goodrich as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great group of people
Excellent pay for a co-op

Cons

Complicated manufacturing processes made improvements difficult

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work for

Current Employee - Desktop Support II in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Desktop Support II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Goodrich full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Salary
    -Benefits
    -Coworkers
    -Goodrich People Philosophy

One of the best places I have worked for in 10 years, the culture is great and something other companies should look into as it will increase employee retention. Management is always pushing you to do your best and exceed your goals, numerous opportunities are available from the get go, you just have to want it.

Cons

Up until September/2011 (before the announcement of aquisition by UTC) there were aboslutely ZERO cons, sure you have the occasional Coworker that can get under your skin, but nothing serious. UTC outsources all of their IT Support to CSC, I do not have a comment on how that will go yet as it is still in the process, but from my experience I am sure that the benefits will go away as will most of the opportunities and general company environment.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job, just don't let the guys that used to be Goodrich and have now transferred to UTC fall between the cracks because of outsourcing politics; you will lose a good deal of intelligent people.

2. So disappointed!!!

Former Employee - Mechanic in Foley, AL
    Former Employee - Mechanic in Foley, AL

I worked at Goodrich full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They offer benefits from day 1, although not sure if that will change after the acquisition with UTC.

Cons

Worked for the company for over 5.5 years, not given a chance to move up after several attempts to. Let go with no warning after hearing rumors they were getting rid of topped out employees with the merger coming. Now they are fighting my unemployment after all the human resource individuals said they would not, guess once they don't have to look at you they'll say anything. Appealed my removal, and after two hours they called back and said they couldn't do anything. Well in two hours you didn't even think about it. Was given awards for my service and yet was let go because of poor performance that has not been logged anywhere. They had me training other employees up until the last couple of weeks I was there. They set the clock to my time on several different areas.

Advice to Management

Listen to the little people in your company. Many people are there because of family members and connections not for job performance. The bottom line can be accomplished by good hard working people, not just low inexperienced people which is what they seem to be looking for now.