Goodrich

www.goodrich.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goodrich

Great place to work, however, the Ithaca New York facility is closing in November of 2012.

Current Employee - Mechanical Technician II in Ithaca, NY
Current Employee - Mechanical Technician II in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Goodrich full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives each person a chance to grow and learn if they want to.

Cons

I felt the pay was on the low side for what we did.

The assembly department would have ran more efficiently if the supervisor running the department knew the process.

159 Other Employee Reviews for Goodrich (View Most Recent)

Sexist and old-school

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Danbury, CT

I worked at Goodrich full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

"unlimited" personal & sick days - company policy to "assume the best." There are very intelligent, hardworking people here, but not all are like that. Things can get hectic, but there is a very healthy work-life balance.

Cons

"Boys Club" mentality - if you don't suck up to management and play along with their games, they will make your life miserable and eventually try to push you out. Goodrich is very sexist - women are not paid nearly what the men are paid. Most of the men in my department were pigs and treated women like they were nothing but pieces of meat - checking them out, looking them up and down, making crude comments to each other, etc. The only way to get promoted is to buddy up with people who are deemed "important." The workloads were also unfairly distributed. People would just outright not do their work, and management would do nothing about it. The work was just given to people who actually worked hard and would do their job - and these are the same people that were underpaid and not recognized for their hard work. Very unethical & illegal things would go on and were repeatedly reported to HR, but nothing was ever done. Many employees were actively looking for a job, and I don't blame them - I got out as soon as I could! Since Goodrich was just acquired by UTC, everything is up in the air.

Get rid of the current leadership team - NEVER promote people from within to management positions! Reward the hard workers, not people who slack off and go out golfing and drinking with the managers every other day. HR - LISTEN to your employees complaints/concerns - they are very real and makes coming into work very difficult when nothing is done.

Positive experience

Current Employee - Engineer in Troy, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Troy, OH

I have been working at Goodrich full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good advancement opportunity for those who want to climb the ladder. Compensation and benefits are very competitive. The corporate structure on down stresses high ethical standards for all employees with zero tolerance for unethical behavior.

Cons

Uncertainty with recent sale of the company to United Technologies Corporation. May have to relocate to advance up the corporate ladder.

Keep investing in current operations. The company is built on the knowledge and skills of those currently working for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodrich