Goodrich

www.goodrich.com
  www.goodrich.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goodrich

Interns actually mean things!

Current Employee - Intern in Chula Vista, CA
Current Employee - Intern in Chula Vista, CA

I have been working at Goodrich as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

The intern program here was excellent, I actually felt like I was doing something beneficial to the company as a whole and I really felt my opinion mattered.

Cons

They tended to favor students with engineering backgrounds, which I unfortunately lacked.

Keep the intern program going, even with the buy out and UTAS, I think it's a worthwhile program and really helped peak my interest in your company.

157 Other Employee Reviews for Goodrich (View Most Recent)

Great place to work, however, the Ithaca New York facility is closing in November of 2012.

Current Employee - Mechanical Technician II in Ithaca, NY
    Current Employee - Mechanical Technician II in Ithaca, NY

I have been working at Goodrich full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company gives each person a chance to grow and learn if they want to.

Cons

I felt the pay was on the low side for what we did.

The assembly department would have ran more efficiently if the supervisor running the department knew the process.

Great company to work for, not real good decisions on who should be in what jobs though...

Former Employee - Temporary in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Temporary in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Goodrich as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Goodrich is always taking advantage of holidays to show appreciation for their employees, they are constantly working to improve the way they do business, and they have fun while doing everything. They take the unpopular business opportunty to promote women to management positions and that is a really great thing to see.

Cons

There are, as in any company, some people that just don't belong there or in the positions that they hold. Low pay for such important work, and they give up quality to show that they are diversified. Sometimes working with other countries on certain parts of the business just does not make good business sense.

India can be a great resource and help in engineering but not in the area of writing manuals that are required in English. Training, re-training, traveling back and forth has become a waste of employee time and company money.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodrich