There are newer employer reviews for Goodwill

Great place to work

I have been working at Goodwill

Pros

Highly entrepreneurial environment that encourages growth and innovation. You work with a lot of smart, educated people who are dedicated to making the world a better place. Lots of internal support, great benefits and work environment, plus the satisfaction of doing good in the world.

Cons

There are periods of time when people lose sight of work/life balance.

Continue to value your employees, recognize the need for work/life balance, recognition, and great benefits.

636 Other Employee Reviews for Goodwill (View Most Recent)

My review is mixed, it is a flexible place to gain experience at a company that money above all else.

Current Employee - Employment Specialist
    Current Employee - Employment Specialist

I have been working at Goodwill

Pros

My particular location has great coworkers, flexibility and the opportunity to build experience while contributing positively to the community.

Cons

Non-management employees are not valued and there is no room for career growth. It is often disheartening to hear the false marketing of a non-profit mission when the ultimate goal is to create a retail empire. At a mission oriented company I would expect less stratification between the business and upper management of the company and those who fulfill the mission of helping the community go back to work.

Go back to the floor and look at how employees are valued. Also, put your mission above your greed.

One of the better jobs I have had. Would be nice of you could get fulltime.

Current Employee - Softlines Producer/Cashier/Sales Associatw
    Current Employee - Softlines Producer/Cashier/Sales Associatw

I have been working at Goodwill

Pros

Non-profit. Looks good on resumes. Flexible schedule. Good pay.

Cons

Bad communication. Will not hire full time unless your a manager.

Better communication. Once a month meetings to keep people on the same track and talk about issues/changes. Update communication log more often. Treat employees equal.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodwill