Goodwill
www.goodwill.org Rockville, MD 50 to 149 Employees

How Badly Do You Need A Job

Retail (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsExcellent benefits after six months but you have to fight for them and you might get your hours cut back to prevent you from your eligibility.

ConsManagement's main concern is profit and every employee knows it. Lots of politics and backbiting and closed-door stuff. Sadly there is a snitch system and if you say something negative about a supervisor or manager they will get told. If you work there adjust to low pay, keep your mouth shut, and keep your eyes open for other opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervise your supervisors and listen when a lot of employees make the same complaints about the same supervisors. Smoke usually means fire.

Fun Job, Bad Pay

Junior IT Help Technician (Former Employee)
    Tacoma, WA

I worked at Goodwill full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Friendly IT staff- we were a small IT team that… Cons: -Paid hourly, $1 above minimum wage. -Need more choices in health… More

Great concept, could do better on hiring better ppl

Store Manager (Former Employee)
    Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Goodwill full-time for less than a year

Pros: Wonderful concept Helping people Very satisfying, meeting lots of interesting people full benefits Cons: Very unorganized Concept of stores is different with each store Too many… Advice to Senior Management: Organize each store as if it to be reviewed by… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Goodwill.

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodwill reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodwill CEO Jim Gibbons. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodwill employees.