Goodwill

www.goodwill.org

Overall was a good experience from the job assessment to placement for the disabled.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFinding an employer that would actually hire a person with a physical disability. I think the benefits were pretty darn good, but unable to compare them to other industries. Employees and supervisor were supportive in every way from training to work conditions. Friendly atmosphere. In hindsight after seeing what is out there now for a similar position the pay was excellent.

ConsThe job demanded someone had to be there 24/7 and 365 days a year. So on occasion you had to work graveyard that is tough. And had to be there despite how bad the weather was when a normal business could close down. Dealing with snow is tough for the disabled. Unfortunately as the economy declined there were cutbacks to staff and work became busier and if anyone was out sick there was no backup as before. Worst of all the two bases became a joint base the army took over support operations and eliminated our entire department.

Advice to Senior ManagementThat is tough to say perhaps they could have offered immediate more class training and job placement again. But those are covered by the Dept of Voc Rehab meaning you had to sign up with them again to get the process started and it all took months to accomplish.

Good work under challenging conditions

I have been working at Goodwill full-time for more than a year

Pros: The nature of the work can be extremely rewarding and if you are committed… Cons: There are few opportunities to advance outside of project based work, limited technological advances in the… Advice to Senior Management: minimal and highly political. Not merit based or based on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

very good people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodwill

Pros: people there are good. It's not fast-paced environment. Cons: haven't thought of any cons... More

There are newer reviews on Goodwill.

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!