Goodwill
www.goodwill.org Rockville, MD 50 to 149 Employees

Work like a dog for pennies, but feel good about yourself.

Donations Attendant (Current Employee)
Richmond, VA

I have been working at Goodwill full-time for less than a year

ProsThe mission. The business experience. The operations experience. What you can learn by paying attention to day-to-day operations of the company.

ConsPoor pay. Unflexible schedules. Uncooperative management. Disproportionate African American employment. Little room for advancement. Promotions/Raises only happen on a yearly basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is not open to ideas or new ways to do things. Most management is so concerned with the bottom line and profits that they miss ideas or new methods that would actually be MORE efficient, and produce higher profits.

Horrible and abusive to employees!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Lakeville, MN

I worked at Goodwill full-time for less than a year

Pros: There are absolutely no pros with this company! Do not even think… Cons: Allow harassment to fester and go out of control. … Advice to Senior Management: HR needs to hire qualified managers and make sure they… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Goodwill offers no goodwill to it's employees.

Cashier (Current Employee)
Athens, GA

I have been working at Goodwill full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It's a job. You get to go home after work. They… Cons: A Draconian work environment, in which employees are berated in front of other employees, and reward and punishment is handed out arbitrarily. Employees are treated… Advice to Senior Management: First of all, realize that your employees are a needed resource and not a necessary evil. Second, stop the illegal racial discrimination rampant in most of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Goodwill.

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodwill reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodwill CEO Jim Gibbons. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodwill employees.