Goodwill
www.goodwill.org Rockville, MD 50 to 149 Employees

Thought I'd be there forever, but they didn't want to use my knowledge or skills.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe mission and the associates were the motivating factors for myself.

ConsThe more dedicated you are to their mission, and following corporate standards, the more likely you are to be fired. Investigations should not be finalized based on hearsay, or by people who are not going to gather all the facts. Use investigating tools.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to keep the managers and regional managers from dismissing people who have followed corporate standards, and procedures.

Don't expect to make a living wage for a long time.

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodwill full-time for more than a year

Pros: They have benefits. You get a paid break every two… Cons: The people who get promoted are the ones that try to get others in trouble. You have to work 28 hours a week to get… Advice to Senior Management: Reward people who work hard instead of the employees who to get their coworkers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Negative environment to work in

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Goodwill full-time for more than a year

Pros: hours of operation are best in retail business Cons: unprofessional appproach to issues in stores and lacking trust in… Advice to Senior Management: verbally abusive No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Goodwill.

Worked for Goodwill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodwill reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Goodwill CEO Jim Gibbons. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodwill employees.