Goodwill

www.triadgoodwill.org
  www.triadgoodwill.org
There are newer employer reviews for Goodwill

Working at Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota is rewarding and full of opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Goodwill full-time

Pros

Managers provide ample opportunities to advance your skills and meet your career goals through internal and external training programs. There's always new opportunities to advance the mission and participate in organization-wide initiatives that change lives. Working here is also very rewarding because we get to witness true life change. Solid financial plan ensures stability, a rare thing in a nonprofit.

Cons

Change is slow, but steady. For people who need rapid idea to implementation for new ideas and tools to do their job, working here would not be a fit. Persistence and patience are required to move things forward.

Consider calculated risk a normal part of everyday operations; C-suite could greatly advance the mission by participating in blogging, tweeting or using social media.

714 Other Employee Reviews for Goodwill (View Most Recent)

Wish I never would have taken this job.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Goodwill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Two thirds of the time regular full time employees get 40 hours.

Cons

Goodwill of North Florida does not give raises. They say they only promote to give raises, but they do not post available postions in management for their employees to apply. They hire people off the street to management without letting their regular sales associates interview. The corporate managers promote their favorites without letting anyone else apply. They can change your schedule availabilty at any time without notice and if you are unable to work the hours they scheduled you for you are told to quit. They used to schedule us to close and work until 730 but then they changed the schedule and now we cant get off until 8pm or later. They used to have 830 to 5pm shifts. I have been working at the company for four years and am disabled they changed my schedule so I now have to work until 630 every night I have health and family issues that make this difficult but the new store manager told me this is the way the schedule is now my health and family concerns do not effect the company. I have been with the company for four years, now that I have become disabled they are unable to accomodate my scheduling needs and can change my availability without notice. Other employees that have gone to school have gotten off at 5pm and have had their school schedules accomodated and they new people they hire get the hours and schedule thedy need so maybe you will get lucky if you are a new hire. Their medical plan is expensive.

It would be helpful if the management upper and store level would all get on the same wave length. The higher executives tell the regular employees to do business one way and then aftr you leave the store managers tell us not to do that. You have company wide meetings saying you have zero tolerance for discrimination and an open door but give us no way to report issues. I have reported discrimination and harrasment to store managment and got nohelp. Give us a 1800 line to report rule breaking, discrimination, and stuff without retalation and anoymously.

Excellent place to work.

Current Employee - Program Assistant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Program Assistant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goodwill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

We are in the business of help individuals and their family's.

Cons

Its a awesome place to work

There are newer employer reviews for Goodwill