www.goodwill.org
  www.goodwill.org
There are newer employer reviews for Goodwill

Former Employee - Warehouse Lead
Former Employee - Warehouse Lead

I worked at Goodwill full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Meant some awesome people, made great friends, learned a lot about non-profit.

Cons

Had some bad management, people not on the same page, pay not good.

Listen to what your employees have to say, hire and train management to handle their employees without flying off the handle. Be willing to fire upper management when they don't follow the same rules as other's.

686 Other Employee Reviews for Goodwill (View Most Recent)

Every day is different

I worked at Goodwill

Pros

The work is very satisfying. Clients are great and many of the partners involved were great to work with as well. Every day was different and I felt like I made a difference in lives of others

Cons

The organization did not offer enough staffing/support to management staff. There were unrealistic demands placed on staff without the available resources to complete the activities. Huge turnover due to low wages and HR practices.

Eye-opening

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Auburn, ME
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Auburn, ME

I have been working at Goodwill part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The many efforts made on the part of the retail stores supports many wonderful programs through out the community and provides opportunities to individuals that may not have been available if it were not for the success of the retail stores. The committment to recycling has minimized the waste which is a win-win both the eviornment & the company as a whole as income is the generated from the recycling efforts put forth at the retail store & outlet warehouse.

Cons

Goodwill stands for many great things and is very proactive in providing programs to a diverse client base which are extremely important to the betterment of those individuals, however the salary wages and expectations put upon the retail associates is barely balanced. There is a constant turn over rate that could be very likely be minimized buy investing stronger financially in that realm of the spectrum.

The salaries NEED to be reevaluated based on the expectations we are to meet in our daily functions at the retail store end. We are the lively hood to this company and it's programs, yet barely paid a fair wage for ALL that we do & generate for income to Goodwill. There are no ever full time positions available except for Management or Safety so therefore, every one remains as a partime or casual employee with no health insurance and fluctuating scheduled hours which makes household budgeting difficult. The very aspect of salary & percieved notion of it being a "dead end" job or "just a job" could be very easily lifted if WE retail associates felt equally supported & important as the programs we provide. Everyone that works in our store is making an effort to make a living and to be able to support themselves & families, however the current rate we are paid at makes this a challenge and often times forces people to walk out the very door they were once excited to walk through or forces them to take a second job. IT's very discouraging to see the production & sale goals that placed upon us we are almost ALWAYS battling with constant turn over, bad morale because we are feeling like "why should we work our tails off when we only make $8.25 hr" and then there constant inconsistancy from management. PLEASE focus your attention on US, the retail associates that are making Goodwill a sucessful "Non-Profit" company and consider the tasks that we do daily for the pay we take home. Health Insurance & salary are always a constant concern & stress factor for many, eliminate these and watch your retail associates and their goals flourish.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodwill