Goodwin House
www.goodwinhouse.org Alexandria, VA

nurse

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Goodwin House

ProsHappy residents, clean environment, lots of activities, hardworking healthcare staff

ConsDishonest management, policies either don't exist or aren't followed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey did give me a lot of experience, and the facilities are beautiful. The staff works very hard to make residents happy, and the maintenance people are superb. However, the management is very dishonest. For example, they had a lot of paperwork for nurses, but swore it was all state or federal requirement. When I found out some of it wasn't, I tried to get it dropped, but they refused, even though it meant double or triple charting things. Also, most policies aren't written down, or if they are, they aren't followed, so they will throw you under the bus and cite 1) a policy you didn't know about, 2) a policy they are just now creating because nothing is written down, or 3) a policy that is not actually followed, the management actually tells you not to follow (and they will deny that) or that wasn't humanly possible to follow. If management changes, they have a great facility in place.

There are newer reviews on Goodwin House.

Worked for Goodwin House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Goodwin House reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Goodwin House employees.