Goodyear

www.goodyear.com
  www.goodyear.com
There are newer employer reviews for Goodyear

No communication and lack of training between management and employees makes working at Goodyear extremely aggravating.

Current Employee - Banbury Worker in Danville, VA
Current Employee - Banbury Worker in Danville, VA

I have been working at Goodyear

Pros

Goodyear has great benefits as far as the insurance. The pay is also some of the best in this area as far as factory work.

Cons

The training at the plant is almost non existent. Floor managers in my area do not care about the concern for their employees. The communication in this plant is the worst Ive seen anywhere.

Treat people with some respect. By properly training your employees initially, they will be far more productive later down the road. Some communication within the department would make the employees feel a little more like they cared.

229 Other Employee Reviews for Goodyear (View Most Recent)

good pay very very bad management

Former Employee - Industrial Maint Mech in Union City, TN
    Former Employee - Industrial Maint Mech in Union City, TN

I worked at Goodyear

Pros

very good wages and benefits. i had the choice of where in the plant . as a maint. mech. i received training from older craftsmen.

Cons

i watched upper managment pitch fits like a child and he threw away millions of dollars in spare parts for the factory, try to fire people for not showing up to work after an ice storm had all major roads closed. they ran the best tire factory that goodyear had into the ground and closed the doors.

when you outsourse all of the jobs in america who is going to buy your high priced products. you put close to 2700 people on the unemployment line, why? so you can get 11 million dollars in bonuses instead of 10 million.

I am new to the company but very satisfied so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at Goodyear

Pros

Prestigious company and they offer great benefits as well as room to grow within the company. There are many opportunities to move around the organization as well.

Cons

I think if I have to give an example. The only downside is that the company needs to be a little bit more organized in terms of standards.

I think that the company as a whole is on the right track. Innovation and staying ahead of the competition is key to success.

There are newer employer reviews for Goodyear